Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic - Costco - Ajijic

Hi everybody,

I am planning to organize a trip to Costco / Sams Club in Guadalajara from Ajijic every two weeks (starting next Wednesday - June 24th). We would meet at the Black-Coffee right across Walmart at 10 am.

You would have two hours (if more needed- no problem) to shop and we would get back to Ajijic in the afternoon with transportation directly to your home-door.

The cost per person would be 600 pesos.

For more information, reservation and questions just write a mail to ajijic-costco@hotmail.com.

Saludos

Mike

Gee, Mike, considering the LCS offers bus trips with additional stops and longer hours for $300 pesos, and we have two excellent delivery services to bring stuff from both those stores at $100 pesos or less, I don't think you are going to get an overwhelming response.

Remember if you convey people for a fee in your private vehicle your insurance will not cover an accident. Make sure your "personal" chauffeur has insurance and the correct drivers license. There are many in town who do. I mention this just because it seems you aren't familiar with some established trips into town.

Gee, Mike, considering the LCS offers bus trips with additional stops and longer hours for $300 pesos, and we have two excellent delivery services to bring stuff from both those stores at $100 pesos or less, I don't think you are going to get an overwhelming response.

And the cost for LCS members is 250 pesos. Buses depart at 9:30 from La Floresta and depart from Costco at 4 pm.

Driver is extremely helpful loading and unloading bus, etc.

There are other private drivers in Ajijic who already provide this service. They will drive you to the shopping areas, doctor's appointments, hospital, etc. They pick you up from your own house, wait for you while you shop, and then bring you back right to your door. They are fully insured, and I know that at least a couple of them charge quite a bit less than you are quoting.

Called my driver and he said he would take me and a friend or two shopping to Costco or anywhere else we wanted to go in his vehicle for a total cost of 800 for all three of us for the entire day if we wanted to be gone that long.

Your suggestion does not seem to be well researched or planned.

ok. great, then i will try the lcs offer... :)

Keep in mind that Howard Schultz was told "No" by a few hundred investors before he was able to open Starbucks . . .

Richard Branson loved it when someone told him it "could not be done" . . . he just went ahead and did it. Ever flown

Virgin America? You have a great idea. Fine tune it, don't listen to the naysayers . . . and make it happen.

I agree that there is probably a niche for Mike's idea but if he really wants to make a business out of this it's very good to know of all the competition.

Then again, maybe he wasn't thinking of starting a business but only making a common task easier for himself and others.

This sounds like opening a hamburger joint with three of four others on the same block selling theirs for less than half the price.

Better be something real special!

I'd worry a lot about the insurance aspect.

But........nothing wrong with trying.

Thanks everybody for the great response. My intention of course was to offer a benefit for the people in Ajijic. I would have thought sg like a VIP-transportation with a nice car/bus and also with personalized attention and routes.

Also i think it would be a nice day trip if we can get together 10-15 people and make a nice day, shopping, eating etc.

Well. I will work on the idea and let you know what comes out.

@gringal: I am not affraid of the other hamburgers if mine are the best in town ;)

mikechapala, I hope you're right about yours being "the best in town". As some of us have pointed out to you, there are many others providing this service, some of them quite a bit cheaper. I've tried a couple of them, and I found their service to be of VIP standard, with a nice car and personalized attention. Pick up and drop off right at my door, helping me in with bags, etc.

I wish you luck in your venture, but the competition will be stiff!

Good luck with this venture.

In every "women's group" whether organized or loosely knit there are one or two women who do this service regularly to supplement their income. So more so than the actual businesses who provide transportation is the informal network for shopping etc..

Always neegativity..I say you put it out there is folks are interested they can contact you otherwise...no need for comments really other than to share what is offerd already and wish you luck.. Frankly I swear the ex-pat community does not want help...from other ex-pats..sad really!

Always neegativity..I say you put it out there is folks are interested they can contact you otherwise...no need for comments really other than to share what is offerd already and wish you luck.. Frankly I swear the ex-pat community does not want help...from other ex-pats..sad really!

If I were the poster who came up with this idea, I would actually appreciate being informed of what I would be up against, including the caveats about insurance and knowing about the competition. If he's a smart person, he'll figure out how to come up with something with extra appeal.

You know, like the first person who came up with the idea of adding melted cheese to their burgers.

Wishing him luck.

Archived