Chapala.com Webboard

kindle fire repair

elrich

call Kindle service They can often help you via phone free at worst you can ask them about battery replacement. I have had the same problem with my more basic Kindle and got help over the phone Good luck.

Hopefully it only needs a new battery as it will not charge.

Anyone know where I can get it fixed???

Thanks!

In many cases it's not a problem with the battery, but with the charger, or more likely the cable. Before doing anything else, I would try a different charger and cable.

Thank you for your advise but I changed the charger a few times and have the same problem, I'm pretty sure it needs professional help. I googled kindle fire problems and got it to partially charge but doesn't last or fully charge.

Thank you for your advise but I changed the charger a few times and have the same problem, I'm pretty sure it needs professional help. I googled kindle fire problems and got it to partially charge but doesn't last or fully charge.

In that case I would take it to the guy at ComputerLand (next to Cafe Magana). He knows the people in Guadalajara who can fix these things, and will take it in for you.

As far as I know, there is no one who can fix a Kindle Fire, a regular Kindle, or any eReader, when there is mechanical or battery damage internally, other than shipping it to Amazon (or manufacturer).

I have a lot of experience with Kindles of all generations. The very most likely problem with one that will not charge is the USB connector gets loose internally from rough handling the cord while inserted. Take your charging cord, plug it in, then press gently down and see the result, it will not be instantaneous. If pressing doesn't work, try gently lifting the plug. Normally you can use something to prop up the plug in the direction that works, usually up. This can keep you going until you can get the USB connector replaced.

Archived