Chapala.com Webboard

Warning re: car parts sellers at Farmacia Guadalajra

Sarita

Another scam to watch for is the curly haired one in front of the Chicken place will sand paper or steel wool the headlight covers on your car. He then offers to repair it. He has a product that will clear up the damage he has caused. You have to watch him, his whole family are scam artist.

Oh, yes. That kid. Some of us have seen him grow up from a skinny street grub to a chunky street con. And his polishing compound does not unscratch the lenses. There is a much more expensive compound that works with high-speed polishers, such as the one at (what used to be) Fernando's auto body repair.

This overfed dork has done it to me twice in retaliation. The nice thing is, your lenses have to be scratched beyond repair before they really affect the lights, so I'm just leaving them alone.

Another scam to watch for is the curly haired one in front of the Chicken place will sand paper or steel wool the headlight covers on your car. He then offers to repair it. He has a product that will clear up the damage he has caused. You have to watch him, his whole family are scam artist.

You mean that there are a whole family of these delinquents? OMG

Antonio's new scam, I hope it is a scam, is that his baby has died in hospital and the mother, his wife, needs 200 pesos for medicine. I told him I was very sorry, but he knows I will not give him money. Two weeks later, same story (with tears), I told him that he will have to find a new job because he will be unsuccessful there. The nice old man they call "Abuelo" is the Captain there now. He can control Antonio (he constantly calls him "el hijo de puta") and the people who try to muscle into the territory - as might be expected, he is a lot tougher than he looks. He told me he has been washing cars his whole life - he is now into his 70's! He also sells some very nice mangoes and tomatoes.

Even my regular car wash guy at SuperLake stopped saying "Todo bien!" one day a couple of years ago; he'd picked up the trick of trying to play me: No trabajo. Es malo. Mi esposa es enferma. Etc. I have met so many around here who's kids are always dieing of something. We've trained them well.

Anyone knows what is the real story on Antonio or knows his mother or family? Over the last 15 years he

told me and other friends he lives in Chapala and worked to help his mother, his father was an albañil and was in jail and his brother was a drug addict then as a teenager he was the "lover" of an older Canadian who bought him the bike and promised a car for later..

then he got a kid , then he got married not sure of the order then he had another kid and now a kid died ? Juat curious what else is he coming up with?

My husband always disliked him and tod him not to talk to him or wash the car. he knows he will get nothing even if he does us favors and lives us alone bu I do not trust him.

Archived