Chapala.com Webboard

Best GPS for Local MX Travel

LLLnMX

There is no nitpicking here. The law states you cannot talk on your phone while driving. You keep saying "the use of them is illegal", when it ain't. I think that needed clarification, that's all. I also heard that hands-free cell phone use may be illegal, but not that a law was actually passed. This I would still like to know. I do it all the time using a BlueTooth earpiece.

Government loves to pass laws they haven't a chance in Hades of enforcing. They'll catch a few but most will ignore stuff like this and get away with it.

Having written that, anyone who uses a cell phone while driving might want to consider all the studies that have shown that they are little better than the equivalent of a drunk when doing so.

http://www.unews.utah.edu/old/p/062206-1.html

In other words, it is not smart to use a cell phone while driving. Apparently it doesn't matter whether hands free or not, the conversation itself is the major distraction.

Driving in GDL requires total, full time attention. It is like playing one of those "crazy car" video games. :D

Archived