Chapala.com Webboard

hospital Country 2000 experience?

Well, not that one, but for my husband's recent surgery, we had a choice between that hospital and San Javier. His doctor said that San Javier was much better. So, I have no comparison, but San Javier is top-notch in every way imaginable.

My husband was in this hospital for a weeK in Jan. it was fantastic, very modern and clean. Most of the nurses spoke English and if not they got someone right away who could. When you buzzed for a nurse then came within minutes. I can say enough good things. And the hospital rates were very reasonable.

i had foot surgery there, and my care was excellent. Some of the nurses spoke English, but my Spanish is passable, so it was not an issue. this hospital did not, as others often do, require that some over 60 such as I am, have someone stay with them 24/7.

Nice room, good care. dont remember prices, as they went directly through my insurance company and I never saw a bill.

Somewhat far away, but I would use it again.

Doctor did say it was a little pricier than some of the other hospitals, but it has a lot of specialized equipment that he uses for traumotological orthopedic surgery.

I was scheduled after someone else's major rebuilding of a bone, so it was easier to go to him than reschedule.

I had surgery there and the hospital is great. It is smalleer than Del Carmen or San Xavier but it has the same time of comforts. I would go to the hospital the surgeon recommends.

I had surgery at Del Carmen and Country 2000 so I can compare the 2 . The care I received in both was great.

I had surgery at Country 2000 in late Jan this yr. my dr gave me a choice of five hospitals for my procedure. Researched them online and chose this one which was the second least expensive, based on the estimate. Because we didn't want to drive in rush hr traffic the morning of surgery, we stayed overnight at a hotel about one block away. Nice restaurant next door too. The hotel was about $35 us and was very nice. When I was admitted, they put 16000 pesos on my credit card. The estimate had been 25000 pesos. The room was nicer than any in the US, a nice convertible bed for my husband and a state of the art hospital bed for me, call bell, walk in bath and shower, flat screen tv and wife. Surgery was fine, no problems, very high tech OR. The anesthesiologist came beforehand and explained things to me. The nursing staff on my floor didn't speak a lot of English, but with my limited spanish, we were fine. The night nurse was very attentive. I checked out the next morning about 10 am. Went to the cashier and the total charged then was another 5000 pesos, or 4000 less than the estimate. This included everything at the hospital except tissue sent to a path lab.

When I left for surgery, they gave my husband a chit for a free breakfast and there was free underground parking as well. My surgeons fees and those for the anesthesiologist were not included in the hospital fees.

I would not hesitate to recommend it. Most hospitals seem to specialize in certain areas and this one does as well. I don't think they do cardiac and perhaps there are other situations.

I would not hesitate to recommend it. Most hospitals seem to specialize in certain areas and this one does as well. I don't think they do cardiac and perhaps there are other situations.

Local cardiologist Dr. Ramon Garcia Garcia is currently the Chief of Staff of the Cardiac Cath Lab at Hospital Country 2000.

Archived