Chapala.com Webboard

a must watch

afgh

Six years ago Miguel Angel Lopez Rocha,an eight year old child fell into the Rio Santiago and swallowed some of the river water,he died 19 days later from arsenic poisoning,not much has been done since to clean it up despite the very public outrage..

Tony, thanks so much for the link. I had been wondering what you've been up to lately. I just checked and, yes, I still have a copy of Western Mexico: A Traveler's Treasury (3rd Edition), which has inspired and enhanced my trips around here in earlier years, and I have Geo-Mexico which you co-authored with Rick Rhoda. Both great books! Now that you have enabled me to discover your blog (I am a little slow on entering the age of blogs), I will enjoy reading it, and thank you!

Tony, thanks so much for the link. I had been wondering what you've been up to lately. I just checked and, yes, I still have a copy of Western Mexico: A Traveler's Treasury (3rd Edition), which has inspired and enhanced my trips around here in earlier years, and I have Geo-Mexico which you co-authored with Rick Rhoda. Both great books! Now that you have enabled me to discover your blog (I am a little slow on entering the age of blogs), I will enjoy reading it, and thank you!

Tony has a new edition of the Traveler's Treasury out. It has a lot more information and places to visit. It's worth getting the updated version. Happy exploring!

jnc - as always you beat me to it! Yes, the 4th edition of Western Mexico is a very significant upgrade from the now-outdated third edition.

JayBearII - besides geo-mexico.com you might also enjoy the on-going series of blog posts about artists and writers associated with Lake Chapala - form the famous to the infamous - at http://sombrerobooks.com - there are some amazing characters who at one time or another called Lake Chapala home.

Archived