Chapala.com Webboard

Where to get ID photos taken?

tombo

My wife and I are at the stage in getting our Residente Temporal ID card where we need to bring in to INM those 3 photos with ears off, glasses exposed, etc.

We have heard that some places where the photos could be taken in the past are no longer acceptable.

Can you recommend photo studios--Ajijic preferred, but Chapala OK--where we can get these photos quickly (our 3 days from notification expires after 9 June), and reliably?

Many thanks to the many who have, and will, help us during this acclimation time in our new home!

Any other tips about how we can get through the rest of this process without our sanity being too severely challenged will be appreciated.

You might want to hurry; hit the streets now and serch for an open photo studio. Your time is running out fast.

There is one on Ocampo in Ajijic and one on Madero and another on Lopez Cotilla in Chapala.

You may have to go early Monday, picking up the photos Tuesday morning and rushing over to INM.

I won‘t ask why you waited until the last minute........

Go to Farmacia Guadalajara, quick and inexpensive, and open today. Put the fotos in a plain envelope and discard what FG gave you. They'll work just fine. I've not had a problem using their fotos for INM docs and passports for over 10 years!

That advice about the plain envelope is important. Some bureaucrats have a prejudice against FG (or are supporting photo studios) but we have never had a problem getting FG photos accepted.

Your sensitivity in not asking about how we're handling this is much appreciated, RV. I just walked by the place on Ocompo-it's called Digital Genesis, across the street and just east of Manix--opens at 10 tomorrow, according to the neighbors. We may hedge our bets and get the pics from FG, with a clever disguise of their provenance. Thanks all, for your advice.

Your sensitivity in not asking about how we're handling this is much appreciated, RV. I just walked by the place on Ocompo-it's called Digital Genesis, across the street and just east of Manix--opens at 10 tomorrow, according to the neighbors. We may hedge our bets and get the pics from FG, with a clever disguise of their provenance. Thanks all, for your advice.

I would highly recommend Digital Genesis. That is the place my attorney always recommends.

Buena suerte.

We went to Digital G this morning--it took only a minute. We picked them up an hour later. They look fine. We each got two sets of 3 poses for a total of 200p. We liked giving the work to a neighbor and we only had to walk 2 blocks.

Make sure if you are a woman (or man) with hair down to or past your ears, that when the man at Digital Genesis takes your photos, that your hair is pulled completely behind your ears, showing your complete face. Immigration is very picky about this, and they rejected my photo, even though the hair was pulled behind the ears, on one side it was not totally pulled back. The ears must be totally visible. I had to return to the studio and have the photos retaken.

Archived