Chapala.com Webboard

Ruth Shirley has passed away

Those of you who visited and partied with us during our time in Ajijic probably met our friends, Ruth and Tom Shirley. I've no doubt that many readers of this webboard are familiar with Ruth and Tom, who were residents of Ajijic for 15+ years.

With great sadness, I learned earlier today that Ruth passed away a few days ago following surgery to repair a recently broken hip.

Ruth and Tom were our second ever home exchange hosts during our first ever visit to Ajijic. They became great friends (even after we totaled their car). Ruth was a truly gracious and lovely woman. Jay and I will miss her laughter, her dancing and her friendship.

Link here to a couple of photos of Ruth and Tom.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Thinking of you and her family.

Valerie

Oh, my gosh! I am so surprised and saddened. We lived across the street from them for over three years and saw them often after they moved down by Libby C. Ruth was always a fun person with a great sense of humor. A real asset to the community and our friend. Our prayers are with Tom and their family.

Louie and Nanci

Archived