Chapala.com Webboard

Mazatlan Information

Taaffe

Try looking at mazinfo.com. It is a Yahoo group.

We have lived in MZT for about 18yrs.....and while the makeup of the foreign community has changed over the years, it is quite a wonderful place to live. Lots of ways to be entertained. Absolute paradise Nov-May.

• Like 1

I've lived in Mazatlán for 4 years, and after visiting other cities, wouldn't live anywhere else, although I do head for higher elevation during the hot summer months. I'd be happy to answer any questions, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I do volunteer work for the tourist bureau, so I "might" be a little prejudiced. The yahoo forum group Mazinfo is an excellent source of information, as is the Mazatlán section of TripAdvisor. Some other sources are:

mazatlanmylife.com

mazatlanmycity.com

pacificpearl.com

maz-amor.com

• 4 years later...

Just follow the guide select key for channels available,  it´s as simple as that.

Yes, they are reducing the number of channels on the old satellites, and someday, anybody too far south of the Canadian border won´t be getting any,  When?....nobody knows for sure but when the old satellites die the new one(s) will not reach the area south that the old ones did.  Especially anyone in Mexico, whether it be Mazatlán, Chapala, or anywhere else in the country.

We all know I am just kidding around. But in all seriousness, when I purchased my home in 1997 the typical C band dish was 10 to 12 Ft, in diameter, and the one on my house was almost 18 feet in diameter, which was way overkill. Now my biggest and not in use is a 12 ft C/Ku band satellite dish that one would point toward different satellites some years ago, before we had options like DISH. DirecTV, and Shaw Direct.

10 hours ago, Cheryl Hilton said:

Hello All,

Who knows what is happening with the Shaw satellite TV? I can't get a straight answer out of anyone.

I have had it for many years; but at this time, the channel guides have more blackouts than listings.

There are less channels every day and I am told my equipment is fine.  Help, anyone?

Why did you post this on a 4 year old thread about living in Mazatlan? I know threads wander and I have no issue with that, but this is absurd.

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Why did you post this on a 4 year old thread about living in Mazatlan? I know threads wander and I have no issue with that, but this is absurd.

Happy Hour started early?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, mudgirl said:

A.  Look, I did not post on any thread on purpose...my first time. I need info! I am in Mazatlan and am gathering facts. Need help, not taunts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, slainte39 said:

Just follow the guide select key for channels available,  it´s as simple as that.

Yes, they are reducing the number of channels on the old satellites, and someday, anybody too far south of the Canadian border won´t be getting any,  When?....nobody knows for sure but when the old satellites die the new one(s) will not reach the area south that the old ones did.  Especially anyone in Mexico, whether it be Mazatlán, Chapala, or anywhere else in the country.

I repeat……………..

It´s not complicated.  Shaw is reducing the programming on the old satellites and moving more and more to the new one, which cannot be received in Mexico.  Eventually we will lose all satellite reception from Shaw, but no one knows for sure when. In the meantime you get what you get and there is nothing you, or anyone, can do about it.

I don´t know how to explain it any more simpler.

23 hours ago, Cheryl Hilton said:

A.  Look, I did not post on any thread on purpose...my first time. I need info! I am in Mazatlan and am gathering facts. Need help, not taunts!

I'm sorry, it wasn't intended to be a taunt or personal attack. What I meant by absurd is that if someone posts a completely unrelated question on an existing thread that has nothing to do with the topic they are inquiring about, they may not get any or very few responses to their question, because no one would think to look at a thread called "Mazatlan information" if they were interested in being helpful regarding a question concerning Shaw satellite TV.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Calling something a Newbie posted 'absurd' is probably going to qualify as a taunt or a personal attack every time. Noting to them that it is a very old thread but then trying to help would not have been taken as haughty. Many of us ole-timers sometimes don't cut much slack. Too bad IMO.

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Calling something a Newbie posted 'absurd' is probably going to qualify as a taunt or a personal attack every time. Noting to them that it is a very old thread but then trying to help would not have been taken as haughty. Many of us ole-timers sometimes don't cut much slack. Too bad IMO.

Yes, I realize that now. I have a pretty thick skin and don't tend to take things personally, but I often forget that others do. Working on being more sensitive.

• Like 1