Chapala.com Webboard

If you (US Citizen) own 10% or more of foreign business must file BE-10

geeser

Don't the rules for this forum rule out the sort of thing Aquaponics man posted in another thread? I'm not referring to the information which may apply to a small number of forum members who may have a 10% interest in a Mexican business, but to the polemic about the U.S. government.

Don't the rules for this forum rule out the sort of thing Aquaponics man posted in another thread? I'm not referring to the information which may apply to a small number of forum members who may have a 10% interest in a Mexican business, but to the polemic about the U.S. government.

Polemics have to meet a certain criteria and subject matter on this board.

Let us know how many countries in the world are chasing their citizens around with stuff like this and FATCA.

I think there's one banana republic in Africa that claims to but doesn't actually. But'll I'll await your learned research on the topic.

We'll wait. We have lots of time here.

:)

Let us know how many countries in the world are chasing their citizens around with stuff like this and FATCA.

I think there's one banana republic in Africa that claims to but doesn't actually. But'll I'll await your learned research on the topic.

Ummmmm.... ignore propaganda and look out the window: Mexico has taxed all of her citizen's worldwide income for years ...

Article 1 of the Mexican tax law (ISR) is very clear on this

- and it's published right up front in Article 1 ... to make it evident:

Artículo 1.

Las personas físicas y las morales están obligadas al pago del impuesto sobre la renta en los siguientes casos:

I. Las residentes en México, respecto de todos sus ingresos, cualquiera que sea la ubicación de la fuente de riqueza de donde procedan.

II. Los residentes en el extranjero que tengan un establecimiento permanente en el país,respecto de los ingresos atribuibles a dicho establecimiento permanente.

III. Los residentes en el extranjero, respecto de los ingresos procedentes de fuentes de riqueza situadas en territorio nacional, cuando no tengan un establecimiento permanente en el país, ocuando teniéndolo, dichos ingresos no sean atribuibles a éste.

Netherlands also taxes worldwide income for her citizens.
Like the USA-Mexico tax treaty, the Netherlands gives credits for income taxes paid to other countries.

Netherlands Govt.Tax website on this (in English):
http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontenten/belastingdienst/individuals/tax_arrangements/income_from_abroad/income_from_abroad_in_which_country_must_you_pay_taxes2/

The official European Union website says:
"the country where you are resident for tax purposes can usually tax your total worldwide income, earned or unearned. "

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/taxes/income-taxes-abroad/index_en.htm

Mainecoons,
For starters: Mexico, the USA, and the Netherlands tax their citizens on all worldwide income.

My friends who watch Fox News are truly surprised to hear the facts on this. :)

Archived