Chapala.com Webboard

Coconut shrimp

maggilu

Maggilu, if you go up to the top right of this page; in the search column insert "coconut shrimp"; change "This topic" to "Forums" by clicking on the words "This topic" and then selecting the words "Forums" you will find a lot of information on this subject ... too much for me to retype here.

Tony's has a nice, light sauce with his. However, I find both Tony's and Lety's too heavily-coated, and often overcooked to the point almost of being burnt. On the other hand, perhaps that's just the way most people like it around here.

Mario's in San Antonio. Husband, who is picky, likes it a lot. Ask for it, even if not on menu. You can ask for more heat in the sauce.

Carol

Second Leti in San Antonio. Mango sauce to die for. Mario's just West of the SA plaza has the best all around MX food. They cook up a special every day. Yummy! Lunch hours till 4:00 only. Don't like sweet version? Never heard of any other kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Peacock Garden does a nice coconut shrimp plate with lightly steamed vegetables and flavourful rice. It comes with the most amazing tamarind sauce on the side, so you can put as much or as little as you want on the shrimp. I love their sauce so much, I ordered a large container of it to take home!

Archived