Chapala.com Webboard

I have a question..........

From the satellite views it looks like this moisture came in off the Pacific as a result of a tropical storm out there. We also appear to be getting some circulation from the east now where our main rainy season moisture comes from.

Since we've lived here the rainy season start is usually pretty well defined by a fairly abrupt wind shift that brings in the Gulf/Carribean moisture literally overnight. Normally the westerlies are dry but this year they are pretty wet, which is the source of the flooding in Texas.

This year we seem to be having a gradual start of the rainy season. We may have to bend the start date contest rules to accomodate this. Stay tuned.

We were sitting on our roof top Terraza last night and noticed that the mountains really never did turn mostly brown this year as in previous years. It is definitely a different rain pattern this year.

Another point, the lake is starting the season about a half meter higher. Even a week ago when I rode my moto up to Mazamitla and then east a ways, I noted that many of the small lakes that dot the area were full or almost so. It has been raining up there for a few weeks already and things are pretty green.

Nope. This is what is known as a PRACTISE RAIN.

Practice rain? Hmmmmm... I'm sitting here tonight listening to violent thunder, watching lightning flashing in the sky, and seeing torrents of rain fall. The rain and wind are so heavy that my covered carport is wet right up to the place where it should be driest. It has been raining heavily and steadily now for at least an hour. I've lived here full-time for eight seasons and I've NEVER seen anything like this in May.

Noah? Is that you??

Archived