Chapala.com Webboard

Permenente address change

You have 90 days. And while it may be difficult for INM to know if they do, there is a fine. I just reported a divorce for a client and he was divorced in 2012 and the fine was 2804 pesos.

INM does not charge for a status change.

There are on-line forms and a letter required plus present passport and visa. No photos required.

If one changes address and has an utility bill in their name INM can call the service provider and ask. Or INM asks for copy of lease or contacts landlord etc, they can confirm when address changed if they really were so inclined.

saludos

Sonia

We had Spencer's office file the paperwork with INM when we moved after receiving our Perm.. Had to supply some documentation, ie., electric bill,maybe copy of deed..Actually easy as it was all done by his staff online...

• 1 month later...

We have permenentes and just changed our address and recorded it at Immigration in Chapala. To start the process, one must complete a rather complicated on-line form at inm.gob.mex. Click on "Solicitud de Estancia". Then you get a rather long questionnaire, which starts with:

¿Qué DESEA HACER? We then selected: "Notificar cambios (reseidentes temporales y permanents)"

For "Especifique" we selected "Notificar de cambio de domicilio".

You will need to provide a CURP number. It took us a couple days to get the form completed successfully. Then you print the form and take it to Immigration in Chapala along with your permenente, passport and new address [on TELMEX or CFE bill]. [They showed no interest in when we moved to this address.]

Theoretically the process can be done in one day, but it took us three trips to Immigration. Day one we learned that the on-line form had to be completed. Day two, we completed the process for me, but they said I had to redo my spouses on-line form because I made a mistake. Day three: I completed the process for my spouse.

For us it was a tedious process and it made us wonder what would have happened if we had not bothered and left our old address (four blocks away) in their system.

• Like 1

To change address, you need to bring the completed on-line form as well as the ORIGINALS AND COPIES of your passport, permenente and new address.

Did they ask for the $1124 pesos processing fee or was it another fee or free?

Did they ask for the $1124 pesos processing fee or was it another fee or free?

No fee

• 1 month later...

A dumb newbie question. We are considering moving to Mexico, and will apply for a Residente

Permanente from outside of Mexico. At that point we will not have an address in Mexico. Is that allowed? ie do we leave our address blank?

I looked at the SRE, Mexican Consulate form you complete and take to your interview at a Mexican consulate and the address they want is your current address in the country you are applying in. Once you are preapproved and take your needed paperwork to your local INM office in Mexico an address might be needed but I have read even a hotel will be OK at that point. Don´t worry about it.

• Like 1

When you get a new passport, with a different number, do you have to report that?

Google Translation:

"About notification of updates:

If you hold the status of temporary resident or permanent resident, you must notify the Institute [iNM] within ninety calendar days of the occurrence, changes in marital status, nationality, address or workplace."

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/usuarios

Appears they only require the above changes that you need to update with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
8 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

If your lazy like me, Spencer's Admin will do the change for I think a fee of about 500 pesos and its done from her computer.

I am lazy like you. It is worth 500 pesos to me not to go through what Berkeleyboy did. I’m too old and cranky for that nonsense. 

• Like 2

Not done from a computer. It requires presenting documents to INM staff.