Chapala.com Webboard

Ceramic house plaque and address

We like the quality of the ones from the shop in Chapala across the street from the municipal building. Sorry but I don't remember the address

As do we. They will order any style you wish, with any inscription you want. The one we had made in 2004 can be seen at 265 Lopez Cotilla, Chapala, on the front of the house, if you want to see the quality and durability.

• 1 year later...

Which store appears closed? The one on the Libramiento recently moved to San Antonio, on the south side of the carretera and just east of the Coca Cola bottling facility. Right next to Carnitas Michoacan and a mattress store.

On 5/23/2015 at 3:07 PM, Shelley Ronnfeldt said:

There is a tile/ceramic store roughly across the librameinto from Pemex. They make custom plaques. Their prices are reasonable, and they do nice work.

They have moved. Their store is now in the strip mall next to Coca-Cola. There is also another store in the strip mall where New Look  and Gaucheria (formerly Angelica's) are.

I Have just renovated a house and have bought llots of talavera tiles over the past six months.  Without question the store to use is the one in the strip mall between IShop and Pannini is the place to go.  The owner,  Poncho, goes out of his way to accommodate his customers.   I did not find that true at the store that just moved from the Libramiento location - in fact quite the opposite. 

Archived