Chapala.com Webboard

At least 42 dead in gunfight near Michoacan border

geeser

Friends have been coming to Ajijic for at least 11 winters, 6 months each time and even they are weighing options. It is the culmination of events.

La Barca is a "no go" for all American government workers and has been for a long time as per their travel warnings.

Buen Fin

Sonia

That´s not funny considering what happened.

The authorities killed a bunch of bad guys. This is a good thing, no? It is a shame that on police officer was killed.

As to the allegations that some of the bad guys killed may have been unarmed, the cartels are not know for fair play. I think the authorities were justified in considering everyone a potential threat. Also, for too long cartel members have played the game of surrendering, threatening judges or buying their way free, or when convicted breaking out or buying their way out of prison. Mexico should have a death penalty for people who are nothing but violent animals as are the cartel members.

You are however correct and this is not something to be made lite of and my original post was inappropriate. Apologies to all!

After the attack in which so many police were killed, maybe the police used this as an opportunity to send a message.

My sympathy is with the family of the police/military people who have been killed recently. It takes incredible courage to do what they do in this country.

The authorities killed a bunch of bad guys. This is a good thing, no? It is a shame that on police officer was killed.

As to the allegations that some of the bad guys killed may have been unarmed, the cartels are not know for fair play. Mexico should have a death penalty for people who commit violent crimes.

Maybe this is the government's solution to no death penalty and corrupt judges. One would think they would have learned something by now with the Cartel Conflict.

Reminds me more of the Tlatlaya massacre last June, in which 22 supposed kidnappers were executed by the Mexican military following their surrender. Seven of the soldiers have since been charged with murder.

Wonder if any will serve any significant time? That would really be something if they did. Keep us posted, Alex.

From the Mexico News Daily: "Police seized eight vehicles, six of which had been set on fire, 36 high-caliber weapons, most of them AR15s, a rocket launcher and ammunition following the shoot-out"

This was not a prayer breakfast.

Wonder if any will serve any significant time? That would really be something if they did. Keep us posted, Alex.

A gringo child molester in Manzanillo was just sentenced to 199 years in prison,that's significant time.

Archived