Chapala.com Webboard

NOISE PROBLEM AT PLAZA BUGAMBILIAS UPSTAIRS IN AJIJIC

ezpz

Guest bennie2

met several people who live about 4 long blocks west from there & 1 1/2 blocks down off guadaloup. they start to hear something which begins @ midnight but its not that loud for them (given the distance). i wonder if it is this venue? strange it begins so late. who owns the mall? the same folks who own torittos?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, I just lost the post I started a while ago. I can't believe I posted this morning at 3am, it seems like it's been a mighty long day.

It was quiet up there until about 15 minutes ago. Double Dang! I thought maybe the whole thing had caved in. I guess the help is getting tired staying up so late themselves. They usually get started much earlier, and then it just gets louder as the night progresses. Right now I'm hearing teenybopper.techno spiced with a little thunder. Hope it pours later!

The above # was circulated around the area. There are some murky aspects to this whole thing which I won't go into... Chapala has been notified. The neighbors are incensed.

I'm on pins and needles wondering what will come next since no one knows what they are doing. I can't believe the extremely low standard of the "business" behavior here. People who don't know what they are doing open up a business thinking they will be the Next Big Thing and then it falls apart. Meanwhile, the neighbors suffer through their learning curve.

Hey, I've heard that doctors make a lot of money. Gee, I think I'll open up a doctor's office.

• 2 months later...

Where I come from my "freedom" ends where it bumps up against the "freedom" of my neighbor. Yes, this businessman has the "freedom" to offer entertainment (within legal limits) for which his patrons are willing to pay and for him to make a profit in his business. At the same time, the neighbors to this business have the "freedom" to have a good night's sleep, especially during early morning hours.

I have no solution to the problem. Neighbors must not only talk with each other but they must also hear. Respecting a culture and their ways of doing things is one thing. Tolerating drunken, uncontolled behavior is another. I would suggest ear plugs, but that is not the point. The neighbors and the businessperson need to come to resolution so that there is not resentment on the part of either. If we cannot resolve a simple, localized neighborhood problem among ourselves, how do we ever hope to solve problems among our nations.

Another part to this situation is the patrons. Who are these drunks? How do they function the next day? Where is their money coming from? Are they all Mexican nationals or are some among them gringos? Who are the senoritas? Where I live the senoritas are pretty much watched over until they are married. They may be allowed out in a group, and then with other family members, but not until the wee hours of the morning. This is mostly true even in San Antonio, TX, in good families. So I am wondering at the breakdown of culture in this situation.

Whatever, it still remains that we must talk with each other to come to a resolution.

108 posts and nothing has changed? Let me point out that Management in Chapala will change

in 25 days. The chances of Chapala doing anything before they leave is not great. Add to that

that the place in question must be making a profit or they wouldn't still be doing it. Mexicans are very practical people. About the only use I can see in all these postings is to vent. Any

practical remedy that would have a chance is more than likely illegal.

Wow, this old thread got brought back to life! TX I appreciate your concern.

The situation here is still up and down, mixed up, inconsistent, which is consistent with people who don't know what they are doing - and not minding making the neighbors suffer through their learning curve.

My observations have been that this place in question is probably just breaking even, overall. With the change of government coming soon, timing is important and it does seem to make sense to wait to talk to the newbies. I assure you, this whole overall issue of lots of loud noise bothering lots of neighbors is going to be addressed in the Big Picture, not just the small individual cases. It's good to see the forest for the trees to get a general understanding of the issue.

Meanwhile, peace and harmony to all the hearts and homes in our lovely little villages here!

Archived