Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado Libre

Hi All, Hope I am not asking a question that has been answered a million times. We are currently in the going permenente need mexican plated car. We went into guadalajara with Spencer and have checked locally not much out there as I guess it is a sellers market because of permenente. Anyway lately have been looking on Mercado Libre and seen many suv's/ vans in our price range. Wonderd if anyone has experience buying a car from mercado Libre. I know ebay type sites are a turnoff for many but both cars we currently have came from ebay and have been great cars had both around 10 years. TIA

There is a lot of fraud in used cars here. It is worth your while to work with one of our local experts who will know how to spot any discrepancies. Used cars are pretty pricey here which is why Rafael at the Riberas car wash can bring nice clean ones in from Merida and still make money.

You might want to check with him and see if he can help you.

Forget the local "experts" and talk to your connected middle-class Mexican friends. You do have those don't you?

They'll hook you up with mechanics and reputable dealers in the city that have an ear to the ground and wouldn't mind a fast sale.

Everything is out there if you look, ask, and know.

Not really Fred I am a recluse which is one of the reasons I depend on this board a lot. I rarely leave the house.

There are two websites to go on. MercadoLibre.mx and,I believe it is called, seminuevos.mx. using the filters you can find specific cars in Jalisco. When you find what you like you can contact the listing owner or have Spencer Stillman, S & S Auto, handle it for you.

I just got a car using him and he was more than worth the expense. He checked the car and the papers. If it doesn't have the original factura, it could be a reconstructed wwreck.You also need to run the VIN to make sure it isn't stolen. If you buy a stolen car, you lose, everything, car and money.

Be careful online, lots of fraud. Best to buy a car you can see and drive before paying a deposit and one you can check the history of facturas and paperwork without obligating yourself. There are site where cars are advertised locally like soloautos.com.mx and anumex.com.mx where you can see the cars in Guadalajara.

Archived