Chapala.com Webboard

Reputable used car dealers in Guadalajara?

I hope I didn't just post an oxymoron, but I am looking for a car under 100,000 pesos, which is below the bottom price of new car dealers with used car lots.

Compact or sub compact and nothing available here.

I am off to Guadalajara, but who? where? Is there an area with a number of used car dealers or is it just driving around trying to find the addresses on the used car web sites?

Has anybody had a successful used car transaction with such a dealership in which the vehicle was NOT later found to have been stolen, declared totaled in another country and rebuilt here or to have fake facturas?

Thank you

Hi,

There are many car dealers on Manuel Clouthier / Patria. I bought a car at Lazher (Av Patria 888) Ask for Juan Pablo Lazcano. He can get you for sure the car you need and in your price-area.

Here the google-link:

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Lazher+Motors/@20.659099,-103.423566,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x3786f1df32377c19?sa=X&ei=rAZSVcfVMYy2yATK3IGYBQ&ved=0CHYQ_BIwCg

Cheers

Small world. I also bought a Ford Explorer at Lazher a few years ago. I made a list of dealers using the soloautos.mx site and ended up there.

The only problem which is prevalent at any used car lot is the way they pack cars in 4 deep due to limited space. It can take a while to move cars away to get to the one you want to see.

Thank you, John. Great to have a second person confirm. I am also aware that rolling back an odometer in Mexico occurs more frequently than not and is of little concern to me, as my mechanic can judge that before purchase is made.

That area has quite a few reputable used car dealers. Drive notherly up Patria from Lopez Mateo to Vallata, Most are located along that section, others are on Manuel Clouthier as previously mentioned. A few are along Mariano Otero near the Patria intersection. II know a coule others tucked away on side streets elsewhere in the city. It is common in Mexico to get an independent mechanics evaluation and do a police records search before buying. Lots of good used cars out there, but it is buyer beware as per anywhere else in the world. Checking for issues related to lack of maintenance is a big one to look for.

Before going, as well as checking out

www.soloautos.com.mx

also see

Mercadolibre.com.mx/vehiculos

I too am in the market. If you feel like it, maybe we could tag along together om a scoping trip? I have fluent Spanish. Send me a pm if interested.

Semlau, good advice, which I am planning on doing. Soloautos has been my bible, if you will. Sounds like I should stay out of Guadalajara and head straight for Zapopan for my search. I am going out Friday with a friend, a well concealed GPS and the I translate voice app from the Apple App Store. If nothing else, should be interesting. I may contact you about your generous offer to go together next time if this first trip turns into the total disaster that I am anticipating. Thank you.

Very timely, and good tips here. I'm looking for an old SUV - Toyota/GMC/Ford, and happy to see a new website as have been using anumex.com. Thanks for the info, maybe we should rent a bus. . .bring a mechanic and a lawyer along . . .and a band and a cook. . .

And you know this how?

Through Mark Turford and seeing some of the worn out tires, worn out brake and gas pedals with very low km's. He knows the good places and the bad from doing this for years. We have used him to find us cars 3 times and we really trust his decisions. Just finished us a deal with him today as a matter of fact and even though we were very picky in what we wanted he found us a great deal on a newer vehicle. Plus he knows how to get the cost of the title transfer down, when purchasing from a private party.

Like $350 - $400 usd. I am not 100% sure cause we haven't finished the complete deal, but the vehicle is in our driveway.

Mark Turford

333-398-9045

765-4341

markturford@yahoo.com

I am suprised that you say Spencer is not interrested in that price range. He charged us a flat fee when we bought, took us to Guad about four times, and pointed out many cars with hidden problems, including odometer readings that did not jive with the service record. He also pointed out models to avoid, and we ended up with a Honda CR-V, which is great for lakeside.

In general, I think you will be safer buying a used car from a dealer of the same make. Look for one that was serviced at that dealer and that has all the service records. Check the used car web sites. It will give you a good idea of what you can get for a given price. Many dealers advertise there, so that should help in locating places to visit.

Pete

Archived