Chapala.com Webboard

Does the name "Marion Stalker Macqueen" ring a bell ?

Rony

Her daughter Valerie may be alive, but Marion Stalker Macqueen died in 1995 according to British BMD records.

that's right.

Rony, you are such a sweetheart to pursue this matter!!! I look at all my stuff, including photos from the 40's and 50's, and think, "When I am gone, these will be nothing!" I am telling my two nephews (all the family I have!) all the stories I remember, but of course I live in Nayarit and they in Texas, so our time together is limited. I so wish we lucky old folks were leaving our heirs a better world!!!

Rony, you are such a sweetheart to pursue this matter!!! I look at all my stuff, including photos from the 40's and 50's, and think, "When I am gone, these will be nothing!" I am telling my two nephews (all the family I have!) all the stories I remember, but of course I live in Nayarit and they in Texas, so our time together is limited. I so wish we lucky old folks were leaving our heirs a better world!!!

Thks Camille. It seems that there is a good chance that, one way or another, this lady (Val) will get her pictures after all .

Why don't you buy a scanner and put them on Picasso, a cloud, or something else, so that you can share them with your family ? I did that years ago and although it was a difficult thing to do, I threw them all away (because I want to travel light, whereever I go). I am keeping them on USB sticks, in e-mail accounts etc..... (to play safe). It is actually better because I can enlarge them and easily share them with other people (+ they might last longer). And if the account gets hacked, so be it (they can steal the real "paper" pictures also)...... for me, it is so much better than keeping too much "stuff, bagage".

I want to be the least attached to material stuff as possible (not even sure if that is correct English)......That makes it easier for me to go on little "gentleman's vacations".

Rony

When we moved back to the States and bought our home we found two boxes of documents, pictures and personal things from a former owner who had since died. The most interesting things were Hallmark birth announcement cards from the late 1930's when their baby girl was born and continuing every year until she was 5 years old. The cards are the old ones with the storks on them and beautifully designed and in perfect shape. We also found a picture of a beautiful young woman with her name of the back of the picture. The birth announcement cards were for when she was born. We found that the young woman died of cancer when she was about 40 years old and that she had a daughter and relatives in New York. We tracked down the family thinking that maybe the daughter would want the mementos of her Mother's birth and the beautiful antique cards. Turned out no one wanted the cards or the personal documents and we threw everything out except the cards. I just did not have the heart to toss them in the garbage along with her picture. I love looking at the cards and at her picture and often wondered about her life and what happened that the family just did not want these records.

Years earlier I helped a friend of mine clean out his Mother's house when she passed. There were boxes of pictures of relatives that he did not know and had no way to identify. All of the photos went in the garbage and it made me sad that this whole generation was missed by his family. When I got back home I took all of my photos and wrote on the back of the pictures when they were taken and who the people were. I divided them up and sent them to my kids so that someday when I am gone they would have a record of our family photos and their Aunts, Uncles, Friend, etc., and even photos of themselves when they were small. It makes me sad when someone's life is just tossed into the garbage. Thanks Rony for tracking down the owner of the photos you found at Tom's store. I hope someone from her family will want them and will treasure them and hand them down to future generations. I still can't believe Tom is gone, he was the most wonderful person I ever met.

Guest bennie2

you can join ancestory.com, when you do the family tree you can upload photos. you can invite people to see the page, or keep it private. they have a good live customer service line who will lead you thru this. im also grateful that my photos from 1900 to 1960s are in a historical society. i scanned some & then made some xeroxes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived