Chapala.com Webboard

Dog Ranch Adoption Day - Color Me Black - 16 May

This week's Adoption Day theme is Color Me Black and we have 4 all or mostly or somewhat black dogs. All are medium to large in size and are excited to be going to Adoption Day.

color-10.jpg

Shelters have long reported that black dogs (and cats) are passed over for adoption in favor of lighter-colored animals. Some Animal shelters use the term BBD, or big black dog, to describe the type of larger dark-colored mixed-breed said to be typically passed over in favor of dogs of another color. We are out to change change your mind about that!

This week's Adoption Day, 16 May, will be held between the gates of the gas company in Ajijic, across the Carratera from Bugambilias Plaza and across Revolucion from Dr. Luis. You'll see the dog walkers and the dogs in their bright orange "Adopt Me" vests.

We will have assorted stuff for sale including t-shirts. Adoption Day is held from 10:30 am until 2:00 pm. Why not stop by and say "hi" even if you don't need a new canine companion right now.

We will be bringing two former Ranch Dogs of the Week, Luna and Pepper, as well as two more to be chosen later.

All our Ranch dogs are neutered, current on their 6 way shots and rabies. There is no charge for adoption, but donations are gratefully accepted. For photos and pictures of all our dogs please see our Website:

http://www.lakesidespayandneutercenter.com/ranchdogs.html

Archived