Chapala.com Webboard

"Quote" function Does Not Work. Any Help?

What I do is type the quote commands in manually:

Do this by typing in front of the quote (bracket)quote(bracket) and at the end (bracket)/quote(bracket).

The bracket symbols are located on your keyboard just to the right of P and you do NOT shift to type them.

I press, but nothing happens. Anyone tell me what I need to do to correct that? TIA. (It is a new computer)

I press, but nothing happens. Anyone tell me what I need to do to correct that? TIA. (It is a new computer)

Try toggling the top right square ICON of the control panel when in quote mode.

I figured it out !!!!

I just click on the QUOTE button and it works just fine.

What is the matter with doing that? It is the way the board is designed to work.

I just click on the QUOTE button and it works just fine.

What is the matter with doing that? It is the way the board is designed to work.

I just hit quote on your post. The quote function wasn´t working for me all week. I copied the posts I was quoting in the quote mode and then closed it and opened a new box and then pasted it into a new reply box to get them there. Today after toggling the Icon it is working again.

Try toggling the top right square ICON of the control panel when in quote mode.

Click on quote, open Control Panel, don't see any square icon? :( What does it say or look like? TIA

Our new HP laptop has Windows 8.12 and it has problems still and this appears to be one of them.

When we didn´t download and install the 74 Windows 8.12 updates it had all types of problems. After the upgrades only a of couple problems occure now.

It looks like a square light switch and says BBCode mode when the mouse is on it.

Got it ! I was going to the REAL Control Panel, not on the quote page. Thanks.

Archived