Chapala.com Webboard

Book Donation (Anita's Animals?)

Do the good people at Anita's Animals still want books? And if so, do I just bring them to the Tianguis? I have some I no longer want. Thanks.

I used to make regular book runs to Ajijic from Guadalajara before I got a kindle and always donated lots of books to them at the tianguis,they're good people.

I'll email one of the volunteers and ask.

Thanks! I hope to hear back from you before Wednesday. I know they still set up there with books, but in this day with everyone migrating to e-readers, I just want to confirm that they actually want more dead-tree books. For all I know they have a warehouse full of them at this point, and I don't feel like carrying a box of books in this heat for no reason. Appreciate your help.

Sorry to take so long to add a response to the kind offer and posting .

Telmex has been flickering like a candle at my house , and have written a reply several times and then it disappeared with the next flicker.

Yes ! Anita would be very pleased to accept your donation of books.

You can bring them to the Wednesday market if it is a manageable size for you to bring there.

If it is too large to handle , you can speak with Anita and make arrangements for them to be picked up.

Thank you for your kind offer.

All donations of books, clothing, small appliance and etc.. are always happily accepted.

Despite the gallant efforts of our two local spay-neuter organizations and their clinics,

we have already started to see an influx of kittens and puppies the last several weeks,

which means higher food bills and money needed for vaccinations.

When I go to the Wednesday Tianguis, I always bring by a bag of books that I think will be particularly saleable AND buy a bunch of books as well. They sell paperbacks mostly, some hardcovers, as well as assorted e-reader books on CD. Stop by to help out a great cause.

Archived