Chapala.com Webboard

Uber to Chapala?

Does anyone know if Uber private cab/limo service is available to/from Chapala? This service is rocketing all over North America. All you need is a smart type phone/tablet and credit card. Last fall they were advertising anywhere from/to Guadalajara, to or from the airport for 99 pesos. You have a choice of three type vehicles, all new, and they email a picture of the driver who will be meeting you. Black cars, black suits.

https://www.uber.com/cities/guadalajara

let´s supporting Francisco and other local drivers. They need the money to live.

let´s supporting Francisco and other local drivers. They need the money to live.

Hardly a service needed here with the plethora of local taxis and local drivers, who may not drive shiny new vehicles, but do live here and are our friends and neighbors.

Yes, thank you.

You better check the fare as there and has NOT been any fare to or from Chapala / Ajijic to Guad. or the airport for 99 pesos...Get real...look at the metro map...

... so like what's the point of asking a question here if all yer gonna get is lectures... ?

The OP might want to research his question on the Uber site first. Uber is intended for users who are comfortable with doing business on the internet. I went to the link, put in the airport to my home address in Ajijic and got the pricing for that itinerary. I also checked destinations in central Guadalajara.

Thank you Ajijicharlie, you are right, I was able to search a few fares. Our favorite local driver, Chapala to Tlaquepaque 500 pesos, one way. Uberx Chapala to Tlaquepaque, 246 - 326 pesos. Chapala to airport UberX 185-245 pesos. Airport to Chapala though is 670 pesos - they have to pay the Federal tax, I would guess. Our favorite local driver will not pick up at the airport at all. Centro to Tlaquepaque 35 pesos.

Then they have various specials posted via blog and email. Here was the airport promotion, maybe there have been more.

http://blog.uber.com/aeropuertogdl

With every new technology must come adaptation. It is an opportunity for local drivers to join Uber. It is an opportunity for local restaurants to adapt menu items for Ubereats, and their "rapid response team" model - local food delivered in about ten minutes. I don't thing Ubereats has reached Chapala/Ajijic - yet.

Does anyone know if Uber private cab/limo service is available to/from Chapala? This service is rocketing all over North America. All you need is a smart type phone/tablet and credit card. Last fall they were advertising anywhere from/to Guadalajara, to or from the airport for 99 pesos. You have a choice of three type vehicles, all new, and they email a picture of the driver who will be meeting you. Black cars, black suits.

https://www.uber.com/cities/guadalajara

It looks like you have your answer already. And it sounds like no one has used it yet, nor do I think the 99 peso offer is real. On a similar note, have you checked out http://www.blablacar.mx ? It is not an Uber type of system, but more like a "car pool" kind of service?? But, it may be a great way for some people to travel long distances with someone else that may be comfortable doing so. And it is smartphone friendly!! I have not used either service. Good luck in trying to find your answer or "related" and "helpful" responses.

Go to the website linked in the first post. Scroll down to "available choices" - large SUV is the most expensive but could take your entourage no problem. The big breakthrough is that they seem to accept Chapala/Ajijic as part of their coverage map. Well the computer does at least. Easy to find out. It looks like Chapala/Ajijic is finally being accepted as part of the "greater Guadalalara district" which will open the possibility for companies offering free delivery in Guadalajara.

This Uber thing is fascinating, I just can't figure out where the economies are so great that it can offer fares that are, in some cases, not much higher than riding a bus.

Glad to see Uber may have recognized what most of us have noticed, we're apparently a suburb of GDL now. :)

After posting twice you might want to do what you suggest others are not doing by posting a response to the OP rather than your dissatisfaction with the replies of others while offering nothing of substance yourself.

If I had 10 pesos for every time somebody posted an inane response in a judgmental fashion just like you do and just did again, I'd be a rich man and wouldn't be interested in reading what goes on here. I fear no wrath bringing down my own judgment on offenders.

And I'd be able to try Uber and give a better answer.

Archived