Chapala.com Webboard

Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

business as usual. politics politics politics. never would have known if i didnt have chapala.com its kind of quiet outside for a holiday.

What has been reported here does not affect people unless it is someone you know as my friend being kidnapped Wednesday morning. Monica was married to the son of Martha Fox from a previous marriage. Martha's husband is President Fox. My friend is a single mom of 3 amazing girls. One is a close friend to our daughter. We visit her modest home often. Martha and President Fox visit regularly. She was kidnapped near home right after taking her daughters to school. Monica is a dedicated mother, business woman as well as being intelligent, humble, sincere, compassionate. The government will not elaborate but it has their best investigators working on her release. I am sure President Fox has many resources he has brought in to resolve my friend's kidnapping.

Some estimate as many as 130,000 are kidnapped each year in Mexico. These include express kidnappings, politically motivated and others purely for money.

If one seeks more information, several Mexican newspapers can be read.

Monica, please return safely.

When busses are set on fire, gas stations and businesses damaged, roads blocked there are many innocent people affected. What happened yesterday needs to be known and people rightfully concerned, if not for themselves then at least for others.

Sonia

We will be praying for your friend's safe return, Sonia. I am so very sorry for all that have been touched by these unseemly acts of violence. We all need to understand the consequences of these acts and have and show compassion for those that are directly affected and realize that we are all if not directly then most certainly indirectly affected. This is not entertainment or just a "story" in the news. These are real people, real places of businesses, real possessions that are being murdered, kidnapped, looted, and burned. These things happen not only here but the world over and until somehow the human race becomes more humane they will continue. For the life of me I can not understand how any person can perform these type of acts against another.

What a terrible thing to happen in your community, my sincere sympathies. If it makes you feel any better, I was not really joking about the clones thing - Mexico is in the process of implementing "state of the art" surveillance equipment, trained by U.S. experts. This is some truly amazing, and possibly scary stuff. These cartels and kidnappers could not have picked a worse time to ply their trade (and psychopathic butchery). Look at how many cartel leaders have been "cracked" so far in 2015. The government has been wise not to brag about it - but it really is quite the accomplishment.

This just in : cars set on fire again in Puerto Vallarta.

Different sources + twitter ( INFORMADOR

Reportan vehículos incendiados en Puerto Vallarta

La Fiscalía de Jalisco confirma incidentes en la colonia Versalles )

I think the government will never win. Cartels have more money and resources and creativity than government and are not hampered by rules. They want their drug business to continue unimpeded. The violence is all caused by this major disagreement. Prohibition has never worked and won't work this time either. We are all caught in the cross fire.

Happening Saturday, May 2nd, around 4:30 pm : 2 cars (vans/ pick up type) and an icecream shop ("they" told the staff to get out and than they set it on fire). Apparently the 2 vehicles belong to the same business. So far, only 1 "hot spot".

From "El Reforma" ----->

REFORMA/Redacción

Guadalajara, México (02 mayo 2015).- Con el incendio de dos vehículos y un negocio iniciaron este sábado actos violentos en Puerto Vallarta.

Los hechos ocurrieron poco antes de las 17:00 horas, sobre Avenida Francisco Medina Ascencio y Francisco Villa, cerca del cruce con el libramiento al Municipio, en la zona conocida como Las Glorias.

De acuerdo con reportes preliminares, se trató de dos camionetas y el local de una cremería, a los cuales se les prendió fuego de manera intencional.

Presuntamente, los causantes del incendio viajaban en una Toyota Hilux y una Nissan de redilas.

Confirma @FiscaliaJal la quema de 2 vehículos y una cremería en Bulevar Francisco Medina Ascencio y Francisco Villa

Zeb is correct, prohibition did not work, and legalization did not work. Look at the number of alcohol related injuries and deaths each year in the US. Just recently, where we are NOB, a family was hit by a drunk illegal and killed 2 children and the others family members are in intensive care. The drunk had a broken leg. I'm not sure the price we pay for legalizing alcohol is worth these lives, and these injuries, but that is the price we pay. :(

Truly sad accident caused by a drunk driver with prior DUIs. I Googled it and even the local Fox Tx. station doesn´t mention he was an illegal. His license was suspended also.

Zeb is correct, prohibition did not work, and legalization did not work. Look at the number of alcohol related injuries and deaths each year in the US. Just recently, where we are NOB, a family was hit by a drunk illegal and killed 2 children and the others family members are in intensive care. The drunk had a broken leg. I'm not sure the price we pay for legalizing alcohol is worth these lives, and these injuries, but that is the price we pay. :(

These accidents would also occur if alcohol was still illegal. When you say legalization did not "work", I'm not sure what you think legalizing alcohol was supposed to accomplish. Certainly nobody fooled themselves that just because if was legal, everyone would behave themselves and nobody would abuse it. What they hoped to accomplish was to reduce the number of people shot dead on the streets as collateral damage in the gangster wars. And to stop the criminalization of people engaging in a normal human behavior.

People everywhere in all eras have always wanted to alter their consciousness. They continue to do it even with the exorbitant cost of drugs, they continue to do it with the threat of going to prison. No matter what the law says, they will continue to do it. So why add on top of that an extremely costly war that has killed countless civilians and enforcement officials, has created (in the US) the largest prison population in the world, and has made rich moguls of really, really bad guys?

I am just wondering what I can personally do. I suspect that the cartels would be loath to kidnap, injure or kill a 70-year-old US citizen (except accidentally in, let's say, a roadblock crash), as that would create an international incident, or at least I hope so! So I am sort of thinking in my Barbara Fritchie mode. Hmmm.

Excellent post Sambrit!

These are not smart criminals. Smart criminals stay off the radar screens of the government. All these guys have accomplished is to turn more people against them and motivate the government to go after them even more.

Legalization will not cause the Narcos to dwindle or disappear. The Gov't will Tax and monitor distribution(or distribute).

The product is not like Alcohol which is large and bulky. Impossible to hide in the growth of the raw product and finished product.

Marijuana is becoming a much smaller portion of the Narcos revenue. Amphetamines and Synthetic drugs are rapidly becoming

the principle revenue. These can be produced in very small areas , the finished product occupies small space. New products

will be brought into the market, and the Gov't will not be able to legislate fast enough to keep pace.

The Narcos will have a lower street price, discreet in the transaction, and the revenue will not be taxed.

The control of distribution areas will still be fought over, only a few killings will be investigated(same as the present),

Public Officials will still be bribed, and the end result of Legalization will also send a message to, and entice(?) more users.

What are they doing besides galvanizing the opposition? Do you think they can actually overthrow the government?

I don't.

Government in this hemisphere is largely botching legalization, trying to overtax and over regulate it per their usual behavior. Look at Colorado for a good example.

What are they doing besides galvanizing the opposition? Do you think they can actually overthrow the government?

I don't.

Government in this hemisphere is largely botching legalization, trying to overtax and over regulate it per their usual behavior. Look at Colorado for a good example.

The cárteles have already overthrown the Mexican government.

And for those who say, "I feel sorry for all of the people who have been affected...", we are all affected. Remember John Donne: "do not ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Guest bennie2

is it true there was trouble yesterday in chapala? the most important thing is that people know what to avoid. (IMO). the dynamics of "business" is of little interest to me. these things have been going on how long? 10,000 years? there are conflicts out there, things happen.

The cárteles have already overthrown the Mexican government.

And for those who say, "I feel sorry for all of the people who have been affected...", we are all affected. Remember John Donne: "do not ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Thanks for saying so Moreliana.

I wish we would have more Mexican Nationals on this board to chime in on this issue.

I don't.

What opposition? They don't have to. For the most part they are the government.It's a sad situartion here in Mexico. The government and it's police forces have been corrupt forever. So if you are a decent citizen just trying to make a living you have a corrupt police and government on one side and ruthless drug lords on the other. There is no "good guy" to join up with.

Archived