Chapala.com Webboard

RAIN GUTTERS

I could not find anyone, so on one occasion had a contractor do it for me... he had the brackets made at an ironworks shop, and used PVC tubing. BUT he installed it too far from the roof, and the rain dribbles between.

Second time I hired a handyman, also a gardener... He did the same thing: cousin made the brackets, they used PVC for the gutter, and after my careful warnings and watchful eyes, installed it too far from the roof.

We did the same procedure with half PVC pipes 4" and metal brackets, it works like a charm on my tejaban.

There is a guy that works metal sheets (lamina) on Guerrero street in Chapala, between Degollado and Flavio Romero, he might be able to manufacture some gutters, you need to check.

Thanks R2D2.

I saw the guy in Chapala that you recommended (he's just two blocks from my house) and he indeed can manufacture gutters and came over to measure the area tonight. He charges 3500 pesos for the gutters, the clips and the instillation. $233.33 U.S. is a good price for hand-crafted gutters to cover the area I need covered. In Florida I had a smaller area's gutters replaced when the old ones failed and it cost a little over twice that price.

One of my Mexican friends negotiated with the guy and paid him half the cash and told him that he would test the finished product with buckets of water on the roof after the job is done before he pays the other half! Well, I'm impressed. The fellow agreed.

I'll try to give an update on the finished product which is supposed to be done by Monday.

Monessen,

I am glad you found him.

I did the same with my PVC improvised gutters, I sprayed lots of water with a hose to test them, but the first season rains will be the real test.

Archived