Chapala.com Webboard

computer fill in theblank with a .tiff help

We are attempting to send a bunch (about 7) scans of documents to a government agency which has an online fill in the blank format.

We cannot figure it out. We have Picased them, www.tinypic'd them, document copied them etc... the site instructions are clear, sparse but are not working for us.

We are looking for someone who can do this for us at our house asap. 766-0443 Thanks.

Assuming that you have an all in one Scanner/Copier/Printer, you must select scan to the desktop, and then be sure to increase the dots per inch (dpi) to 200-300 dpi for clarity. Then follow the prompts to select the image. We found that we could not deposit checks at lower dpi settings as they were rejected as unreadable.

I sent you a PM and am willing to help but you haven't told us what you're trying to do and the rules presented by the government entity.

When you scan you normally create .jpg files which can be merged into a single pdf. The .tiff format isn't used or accepted much but a simple program like MS Paint can make a conversion to jpg.

Thanks very much for everyone's help. We figured it out, but it took awhile. the .tif extension only has one f and I had it with 2. Then at the very end of the multi-page document it had an upload section for attachments. Apparently you didn't have to upload the requested documents into the space allocated in the pages of forms. But you had to go to the end to find that out and they admonished you not to go to the end because of the back up page function and not sending everything requested would result in the refusal of the application and they said it is very hard to make corrections because you have sworn what you told them was honest.

I have never seen such a horrible form. Lowest bidder action and okay for government work stereotype confirmed.

Archived