Chapala.com Webboard

Chopsticks Dim Sum

Go Solar

For those interested in going next month, this is from their Facebook page:

Its Dim Sum day today!

We make Dim Sum once a month and its by reservations only.

How do you get onto the reservations list?

Send us an email chopsticksmx@gmail.com and we'll add you to our distribution list. Each month, we send out an email notifying you of the date for the next event. Reply to the email and reservations are taken in order(time stamp) of the replies received. This monthly event sells out quickly.

Have a great weekend!

It was great! Way too much for my husband and I to eat...I will try and list what was served but I will have the names messed up because I don't have the menu of what she served..first, she served drinks and it was your choice...then we had some stuffed eggplant...then a deep fried spring roll, pork dumplings, shrimp dumpling, a sticky rice that had mushrooms and I think it had cinnamon in it, mango pudding, something like a summer roll wrap with a sauce on it, and little ribs. I know I have massacred what she served but you get the general idea...as always, she was very organized and kept everything moving.

• 4 months later...

Finally got in for Dim Sum on Saturday. The list of dishes was long and they were all very, very tasty. Some were steamed dumplings, some where rice-based, some were fried. It was very filling and worth the experience, and of course the hosts are very nice people. Asian tea is provided, either hot or cold, but I also chose to order the root beer made by the Canadian guy who has a shop in West Ajijic. Never had it before, and it was a treat.

I thought that they had quit doing their dim sum as I haven't had a notice from them for months. Before that I have never been able to respond in time to be accepted. I think the whole thing could be fictitious.

I thought that they had quit doing their dim sum as I haven't had a notice from them for months. Before that I have never been able to respond in time to be accepted. I think the whole thing could be fictitious.

I'd suggest going there and asking to be put on their mailing list for the dim sun events. Then, once you receive the notice, you either need to know it's coming telepathically and respond in under 15 minutes.....or you're out of luck until the next time. :unsure: Sure is tasty, though!

Archived