Chapala.com Webboard

"Glutin Free Dildoes"

I saw this painted on the front of a building while out driving around yesterday and didn't have my camera with me. Dumb me! Just hilarious I thought. I went out today trying to find where it was... no luck. It was on a narrow street coming down the hill towards the carretera on the left side, somewhere between West Ajijic and Riberas. If you have noticed it, please let me know as I'd like to go back and get the shot. Thanks, Senior Kentie

Could it have been Wilde's Dildoria on 16th de Septembre just before the corner of Colon in Ajijic? That seems a likely place to have such a sign. If you have to park to get the photo go in and eat at Cocin Arte next door to it. Lovely place and really good food.

I have the photo, which actually reads: "Our Dildos are G.M.O. and Gluten-Free!" First time I saw it I laughed so hard it was as if I was choking on product. Came back the next day to take the photo.

Yes, it's outside Wilde's on a chalkboard/sandwich in the street, In downtown Ajijic, on 16th of Septiembre just east of Morelos, (same street as Colon, but called Morelos for the two blocks south of ConstituciĆ³n/Ocampo, toward the lake).

Thank you lcscats... Yes, I do have a sense of humor and yes I am a nice guy. I appreciate the replies so far, but that's not it. The sign was painted on the front of a pretty small, either gray or blue building in faded white lettering as I was driving down a narrow street towards the lake on the left side of the street. I'm not sure if it was above or below the carretera but I'm pretty sure in Ajijic. I've tried to retrace my driving and cannot locate it. I would very much like to find it and get the photo before I leave the area in a few days. Any help would be appreciated. Kent

Trust me, Senior kentie, the location is described below. The sign would have been visible as you were driving down the Colon/Morelos toward the lake, as it's just to the left of that intersection on 16th of Septiembre. Perhaps they had the sign hanging on the building, but I have often seen it on a sandwich board in the street. It's written in chalk on blackboard. The sign does not always have that message on it, as it changes.

Yes, it's outside Wilde's on a chalkboard/sandwich in the street, In downtown Ajijic, on 16th of Septiembre just east of Morelos, (same street as Colon, but called Morelos for the two blocks south of ConstituciĆ³n/Ocampo, toward the lake).

Pardon me for asking, but what is a dildoria? In all the years I lived in Mexico I have never heard of that word. Is it a restaurant?

I blush. However, the answer will be found in any English dictionary under the word "dildo". From this, you can extrapolate that a "dildoria" would be a purveyor of such products, along with items of a compatible nature. :unsure:

Archived