Chapala.com Webboard

China Inn

Al Berca

Been a few years since I have made the trek over the topes to go there, but it was worth it for lunch today. Located in the same place just past the new Farmacia Guadalajara. The beat up old sign that used to hang outside announcing the name is gone and now three hanging oriental paper lanterns do the job.

Companion had a two combo meal, one with pork and one with beef. Delivered and overflowing on a large dinner plate with fried rice. Huge portion. Two could have shared for 70 pesos. It was delicious and over half came home.

Shared what I still think is the best, non greasy chicken, vegetable and shrimp tempura at 40 pesos. Shrimp 45. Meant as appetizer. Eaten as lunch.

Making it almost worth the drive itself was the Corona beer for 15 pesos and the generous glass of iced tea for 10 pesos.

Still great food at very low prices.

As you enter Jodcotopec, note the Bodega Aurrera grocery on the right, Farmacia Guadalajara on the left, with the China Inn also on the left. just a few doors beyond. Park and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Try their sushi! Really good. And great prices. Zero ambiance but nice folks.

I've tried two fancy sushi places in Guadalajara and it is better at the China Inn.

Archived