Chapala.com Webboard

Playaboy bought my US plated car--very happy with the transaction

Having to go Permanente, I needed to sell my US plated car but did not want the hassle of driving NOB to sell it. The car also needed some body and paint work for various dings and an outside mirror replaced. Playaboy came to my rescue.

After agreeing on a price, he spent his time and money having the repairs done.

Playaboy is very professional. I went with him to Spencer's office to get the necessary paperwork to allow him to legally drive and sell the car NOB. This made me feel very comfortable with the whole transaction. He paid for that also.

In a nutshell, I spent about an hour selling the car. Playaboy spent his time and money getting the car repaired plus a couple of days driving ( with gas, lodging and return expenses ) plus the hassle of finding a buyer.

I highly recommend him and his services. You can reach him here on this board.

This is great news and so timely. Just found out yesterday that we are in the same boat. My hubby has been planning a trip NOB etc. I mentioned selling locally ie:playaboy and he was concerned with the legality concerning selling locally. This is very helpful. I assume you mean Spencer the lawyer that is so helpful on this board. That might be just what it takes to convince hubby. Thanks again. Also if I do a search for Playaboy I will find him here?

This is great news and so timely. Just found out yesterday that we are in the same boat. My hubby has been planning a trip NOB etc. I mentioned selling locally ie:playaboy and he was concerned with the legality concerning selling locally. This is very helpful. I assume you mean Spencer the lawyer that is so helpful on this board. That might be just what it takes to convince hubby. Thanks again.

Also if I do a search for Playaboy I will find him here?

A search of past Chapala . com posts shows you can contact him at cornking1 @ yahoo. com

He posts regularly on Inside Lakeside. You can PM him there.

He has an excellent reputation for getting the job done legally.

I can vouch for Playaboy as well. He helped me get out of a potentially bad situation at very little cost. He knows what he's doing and is a straight shooter, no pie in the sky stories.

I have done his retorno seguros and nobody has complained and all comments received have been positive. He helps out alot of people who arent able to get their cars to the border.

My hubby spoke to him. Was very nice and informative. However he was not interested in our Car it is a Jag XJ8 1998. Not really worth it for him. Car is only worth $3k. But our problem is we have been told we can not nationalize since it is not a NAFTA car. I love it and would happily nationalize. Does anyone know definitivly if it is possible to nationalize as we are not really sure.

TIA

Non NAFTA car not 8 or 9 years old, will be tough if not impossible and many will offer you services but none will be legal as I am not seeing any, maybe Sonia can chime in. Do you really want to spend the value of a car to nationalize it?

Thank you very much Spencer. Actually we would spend the value of the car (3K) to nationalize it as it is a great car in excellent condition. Only 73k miles. We couldn't find a car for 3k locally in as good a condition but I am afraid we may not have that option.

It is impossible to legally nationalize a non-NAFTA car. Some I completed and 4 had to be given full refunds. For over a year non-NAFTA has not been possible.

sorry

Sonia

Non NAFTA car not 8 or 9 years old, will be tough if not impossible and many will offer you services but none will be legal as I am not seeing any, maybe Sonia can chime in. Do you really want to spend the value of a car to nationalize it?

Spencer, We and our friends have 4 non NAFTA vehicles all over 15 years old with less then 75,000 miles each. We would be willing to caravan to the border to nationalize them. At the current rate of driving only 3,000 miles a year they would last forever is of course our point of view. Question- Eluding to "not 8 or 9 years old" But older then that? Like 15 years is OK? Are vehicles over a certain age excluded from this NAFTA SNAFU.

"Tough if not impossible" How tough for 15 year olds. Sonia also eluded to "some I completed and 4 (failed nationalizing ?) Were the completed ones non NAFTA as we are disusing? Thanks

Spencer, We and our friends have 4 non NAFTA vehicles all over 15 years old with less then 75,000 miles each. We would be willing to caravan to the border to nationalize them. At the current rate of driving only 3,000 miles a year they would last forever is of course our point of view. Question- Eluding to "not 8 or 9 years old" But older then that? Like 15 years is OK? Are vehicles over a certain age excluded from this NAFTA SNAFU.

"Tough if not impossible" How tough for 15 year olds. Sonia also eluded to "some I completed and 4 (failed nationalizing ?) Were the completed ones non NAFTA as we are disusing? Thanks

I completed 7 non-NAFTA by the process I have described in past re Chihuahua. In February 2014, four non-NAFTA were all left with documents in the Aduana office when they literally stopped the process and locked the door and not even the original titles could be returned. These four clients received 100% refund. Two have original titles back and two more next week.

NAFTA cars.... here are some recommendations based on my experience and that of the man I work with who communicates with Aduana at least weekly and worked for them for 13 years. Call brokers at the border and ask.... what years can be nationalized; if a Canadian vehicle can they be nationalized; cost; how long does it take; emissions test required; and ask for the truth. What I am told and I have also called brokers at the border is: only 2006 and 2007 vehicles; quotes are coming in double and triple or more as brokers take advantage of the situation and likely some mordida; at Nogales no nationalizing; it may be possible at Laredo; thousands of vehicles are sitting in lots from CA to TX owned by commercial operators and a few by individuals waiting since as far back as September paying $5 a day. Aduana in Mexico City told me last week that a few are being nationalized at Laredo. My process is very different based on an amparo with different rules. I have nationalized 87 cars, trailers, motorcycles, etc but none for some time and about 30 applications with Aduana waiting. I am told possibly by end of month the process I use will be processing cars again but anything is possible. None of my clients have lost money but they have also had to be very patient as has everyone else.

saludos

Sonia

• 3 weeks later...

I too was very happy with the services of Playaboy. I hated giving up that car but he made it a little less painful. He bought

it and drove it to the border, keeping me updated of his trip and emailing me a copy of the TIP cancellation receipt.

Professional and thorough. Spencer prepared the necessary paperwork.

Playaboy did a great job for us as well. If he is interested in your car, and he has to be selective to make money, he thoroughly explains the process and keeps you informed along the way.

He did what he said he would, at the time he said he would. He has done enough of them and I've not heard complaints.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived