Chapala.com Webboard

Process for Buying Car Direct from Owner

I bought a car in December direct from the owner. S&S auto for a small fee arranged to have all the paperwork done it was easy and painless for me thanks to their efficiency. They also arranged the insurance. Give them a call for costs 376-765-4800

I bought a car in December direct from the owner. S&S auto for a small fee arranged to have all the paperwork done it was easy and painless for me thanks to their efficiency. They also arranged the insurance. Give them a call for costs 376-765-4800

That sounds most definitely like the most painless way to go. Wonderful! I will do this. Thanks, Sue!

It is simple enough to go with the seller to the recaudadora office on Degollado in Chapala. He will bring the original factura, all paid up fees for annual tarjetas de circulacion, tickets, etc. and they will be given to you. The clerk will have the back of the factura signed, and issue you a tarjeta de circulacion in your own name. Of course, that is a great time to pay for the car. If there were tickets, the seller would have to pay them before the signature happens. Having an emissions test done first is also a good idea.

Remember, any unpaid traffic fines or taxes etc. become your responsibility.

But if you are smart you will make sure they are not your responsibility, the owner should be paying all back fines and tickets.

It is simple enough to go with the seller to the recaudadora office on Degollado in Chapala. He will bring the original factura, all paid up fees for annual tarjetas de circulacion, tickets, etc. and they will be given to you. The clerk will have the back of the factura signed, and issue you a tarjeta de circulacion in your own name. Of course, that is a great time to pay for the car. If there were tickets, the seller would have to pay them before the signature happens. Having an emissions test done first is also a good idea.

That's what I will do -- thanks RVGringo! :)

There is a Mexican fellow by the name of Hugo that will help you with the purchase of a use car. Whether from a used car lot or a private owner. He just help me out on my purchase and was very efficient. I recommend him highly and at a more reasonable price. You can reach him at 331 178 8725 speaks English.

There is a Mexican fellow by the name of Hugo that will help you with the purchase of a use car. Whether from a used car lot or a private owner. He just help me out on my purchase and was very efficient. I recommend him highly and at a more reasonable price. You can reach him at 331 178 8725 speaks English.

thank you Elrich! :)

Archived