Chapala.com Webboard

FOOD...ordering and delivering...newbie question

DeborahM

I would be curious as to how many restaurants will deliver to her. Hope she lets us know. I am certainly not as optimistic as others seem to be. Hope I am wrong. To go orders? Everybody. Delivery? Vamos a ver.

Those of you who say there are lots of places that deliver might want to suggest your favorite four or five that do so as a helpful starting point for a newbie.

It's a start at least and better than nothing!

Actually, this is probably a better start for someone who is new to the area, or anyone for that matter! Each of these reviews has at least a telephone number and address for the restaurant, and some of them have direct links to the restaurant website!

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g499405-Ajijic.html

Guest bennie2

there is a place which has frozen natural meals. you can pickup & put in the oven. the natural market on consitution on the corner lakeside up the block from new posada. if someone does deliever it would be on an off hour when not busy.

I have heard Rey Taco, just up the back hill to Sorianas', delivers to Chapala Haciendas and Las Brisas. There is probably a minimum order involved. Good, inexpensive food prepared (or supervised) by a Chef who really knows his way around a clean commercial kitchen. Sorry, no website.

"I have heard Rey Taco, just up the back hill to Sorianas', delivers to Chapala Haciendas and Las Brisas. There is probably a minimum order involved. Good, inexpensive food prepared (or supervised) by a Chef who really knows his way around a clean commercial kitchen. Sorry, no website." -- Chillin

Marco has delivered to several friends of mine in Chapala. There is a minimum but I think it is fairly low. He would be one to talk with about where you live and how he handles home delivery. He also caters parties.

Another option are the frozen foods at Mom's Restaurant. We pick up things like frozen pot pies, chicken enchiladas, shepherd's pie, etc. and put in the freezer for those days that we don't want to go out or cook. We have found all these very tasty.

Guest bennie2

the OP would rather they take phone orders & bring it by. right now is a good time to try this. is lowseason during the week. i bet after 4 pm some places may. ive gotton several business to deliever. (not restauants).

We noticed today that the new chicken rotisserie place on the Carretera in Ajijic has delivery service. Did not stop to get the phone number however but you might stop by there place when you are out and about. There were 3 motorcycles waiting to make deliveries. Also, when checking that out there is a place called Hot Rod Burrito, (I think) that is on the second floor at the Bougainvillea Plaza where the show is located and El Toritos Grocery store .... they also deliver and they have fairly good Mexican food and hamburgers. I am sorry but I do not have the phone numbers but I am sure someone else will or you can go by too.

Archived