Chapala.com Webboard

Crossing north at Columbia

stuphel

We've decided to try the Columbia crossing going north this year. We know that we turn in our TIP sticker at the kiosk near the bridge. Where do we do our exit paperwork for immigrado, as we understand the 25k checkpoint is no longer open? Is there an immigrado building near the bridge, and can anyone provide directions to get there? We can't find it on Google Earth.

Thanks

We've decided to try the Columbia crossing going north this year. We know that we turn in our TIP sticker at the kiosk near the bridge. Where do we do our exit paperwork for immigrado, as we understand the 25k checkpoint is no longer open? Is there an immigrado building near the bridge, and can anyone provide directions to get there? We can't find it on Google Earth.

Thanks

Last time I did it I had to use the incoming immigrado office. There is a returno just after you turn in your sticker which takes you over to the INM office. Then another returno which gets you back on track. Some years ago, though.

Watch out for the crooked cops on the road leading up to the border....

Curmedgeon has it right, after you turn in the TIP, just loop back to the left, park in the lot, walk 100 yards north into the building and to the INM office, (use the last outside door), go inside, first door on the right is the INM office.

Generally quick & easy to deal with, no waiting, nice compact setup. Then back to your car, loop back around, pay the toll, & cross the bridge to the US entry booths.

We crossed at Colombia in late March.We were able to turn in both our car permit papers and our FMT at the kiosk.The attendant will remove your car sticker from the windshield. After a few days,my credit card deposit was returned.We did not see anyone stopped by the police on the highway to Colombia.

Archived