Chapala.com Webboard

Shingles Question

hensley

Hensley - you would know Ms. Chillin, she goes to lots of your sales. I have a Tulasi Basil plant, and many seeds. I made up a tulasi tincture for a neighbor who has a hard to get rid of case of shingles. I still have about 6 ounces left. Do a google "Tulasi tincture shingles" to see if it is for you- then we will go from there. I could also give you some seeds. This plant, sometimes called Holy Basil, is easy to grow here. I don't like calling Holy Basil because there is a Thai basil also called this - but it is completely different. In India, it is considered good luck to grow this plant near any of your doorways

I have been going through an outbreak for a week.

Taking aciclovir 5 times daily and using Betnovate cream.

Outbreak started on my feet last Monday; saw DR. Tuesday and began treatment.

Outbreak on legs and feet, including the sol of one.

Today, pain free; walking well; no signs of spreading.

The key it to hit it early.

Not sure, I have a weird tingling in my back that has been getting more intense, no sign of any rash though, but I started the meds anyway today, just in case, my mom had shingles for a year with severe pain, don't want to deal with it.

From Wed MD

.Having an episode of shingles will naturally boost your immune system to provide protection, so it is thought that a vaccine would provide only limited benefit if given after a recent episode of shingles. Current guidelines recommend waiting at least a year after a single episode of shingles, but in people who have two or more episodes within a year, they should have immunological investigation before being offered the vaccination.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived