Chapala.com Webboard

The Guardalajara Zoo - any tips

The sky ride is amazing and about a 15 or 20 minute ride. It is only round trip, though. I thought we could exit at the far end and take it back to the beginning later. Not so. It is a full circuit only. The African Safari bus ride is also not to be missed. End up at the far end of the zoo and you can take the little train back almost to the entrance if you are as exhausted as I was.

Buy a package ticket at the entrance as you save money rather than paying for each ride individually.

It will be hot and sunny and not a lot of shade. On Sunday it will be very busy. Nice refreshment stand for lunch with loads of tables overlooking a fantastic view of the canyon below.

It is a wonderful zoo for all ages and it is BIG.

Have a great day. I know it will be a memorable one for you.

Do not forget your camera!!

Yes, with my DIF card I got the full package for the children's price. The full package, which I think is a must, lets your ride the tram (round trip ride), go on the safari ride and feed the giraffe, and ride the train.

My suggestion would be take the tram ride first....you will come to it on the right soon after you enter. This gives you a good overview of the zoo. Do the safari ride when you come to it. When you come to the far end at the gorge be sure to check out the view and get a snack. From there you can then use your free train ride all the way back to the start. This will save you a long, hot walk back when you are tired.

I personally would not go on a weekend. Go on a weekday and avoid the hordes.

If the monkey enclosure where visitors can enter has reopened,don't miss it,it's a hoot,the monkeys pick pockets,grab peoples sunglasses,etc.

It's a fun zoo and the views of the canyon are nice.

We took the granddaughters last January and purchased the whole package. Think I had more fun than they did. Have never experienced that degree of contact with the animals in any other zoo. The monkey and Lemur enclosure was a riot! Also don't miss the Australia exhibit. We were almost run over by an adorable little Joey racing around the enclosure and us. The Safari ride and feeding the Giraffes by hand..... be prepared to get your hand drenched with Giraffe slobber! It was a blast, a world class zoo but we ran out of steam before we could see it all. On our list for another visit! Have fun!

Archived