Chapala.com Webboard

FAKE CAR NATIONALIZATION PAPERS??

CalGal

N/A means "not applicable." The poster asked a direct question and got a directly applicable answer.

I realize this may not please some of the folks from TOB who enjoy personally attacking other posters but they may as well get used to it. As long as it is kept over there, we're all good here.

:)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I had made a comment and then quickly decided some things are better left unsaid. I had nothing else to say to fill the space so I typed N/A meaning what I had just said was not applicable. Next time, I will just type: Never mind. :)

I'm not sure just what you can do to be safe. My neighbor went NOB and sold his car, found a used car here at a big dealership and bought it.

Turns out that it is stolen and he's trying to sort that out.

"Buyer Beware" takes on a whole new meaning down here

This is just CRAZY!!!! If one wants to buy a used vehicle, how exactly do they cover all bases to make sure that it's not stolen, etc?!

When all this started, I spent hours reading the Mexican rules and regulations on importing cars, new and used. The regs clearly stated that "naturalization" could be done at a "port of entry" by a Mexican licensed broker and there was a list of the ports of entry. There are several airports listed, Guadalajara is on the list.

I went to one of the largest brokers in the world with offices worldwide and talked to them and they agreed.

I paid the price, got the required inspection by the State of Jalisco and got tags.

I have no idea if I am "legal" or not. However, if I have any trouble, I'm prepared to go to war with the brokerage that did the work. Brokerages have to be licensed with the country and bonded in order to process customs monies and I'm sure that the company involved would not like to lose the business they do in Mexico.

I have heard a rumor that the lady who actually handled the transaction was arrested but I could care less. The transaction was in their offices and the brokerage is responsible for their employees actions using their name. I luckily have two witnesses to the transaction.

I'm half Scot and half Irish. Scots hate losing money and the Irish loves a fight.

Since the brokerage involved is worldwide, I think that there is a good case that I could sue them in the US. I am an American citizen and the car was American. At worst case, I'm pretty sure that I could find a hungry shyster lawyer that would sue them for some exorbitant amount to get their attention and force them to settle for enough to make it worthwhile for the lawyer.

When all this started, I spent hours reading the Mexican rules and regulations on importing cars, new and used. The regs clearly stated that "naturalization" could be done at a "port of entry" by a Mexican licensed broker and there was a list of the ports of entry. There are several airports listed, Guadalajara is on the list."""

Your observation seems very logical and reasonable that we can/could get the process done at the airport...so what went wrong , bad broker or bad regulations???

When all this started, I spent hours reading the Mexican rules and regulations on importing cars, new and used. The regs clearly stated that "naturalization" could be done at a "port of entry" by a Mexican licensed broker and there was a list of the ports of entry. There are several airports listed, Guadalajara is on the list."""

Your observation seems very logical and reasonable that we can/could get the process done at the airport...so what went wrong , bad broker or bad regulations???

I'd love to see the text of the "Mexican rules and regulations on importing cars" and list of the ports of entry. Can jrm supply references?

I ask for it, because there must be some latitude or variations built into the legalese, because for the last 30 years that we've come to Mexico the official "ports of entry" have never offered some standard list of services. In our experiences, only the US-Mexico border ports of entry have been full service.

For at least 30 years, airport Aduana ports of entry have offered less services than US-Mexico border ports of entry.

In what way(s) is Guadalajara's airport Aduana office identified in the official regulations, as different or special from all other airports, especially because it has less traffic than other larger Mexican airports?

Continuing with the variations in services offered at various Aduana offices: The Aduana ports of entry at the Belice-Mexico border also have only limited services, and haven't ever done personal used-vehicle permanent imports in the last 30 years.

The sea-port Aduana port of entry offices import cars, but have followed very different rules for permanent imports of used NAFTA vehicles than the land crossings on the US-Mexico borders, especially as the seaports strictly only allowed 8-9 year old used vehicles and they required certified emissions certificates or sent the vehicles back to the USA.

Even though Mexico's other major airports are "official ports of entry": Mysteriously, 2 years ago, only Guadalajara's airport Aduana office popped up to supposedly start importing permanent used foreign vehicles, while the Puebla, Monterrey, Merida, DF (Benito Juarez), and Cancun have continued to offer only their regular limited services.

That issue may be at the core of the fake car-nationalization papers, that the Guadalajara airport Aduana never had the authority to permanently import used vehicles.

In my opinion, cars arrive at borders driving, or on ships so an airport wouldnt be the place to import unless the car had wings and perhaps that is why the Mexican government did not make provisions for car nationalization at the airports as after all, to get there if the car wasnt national it would be contraband.

That, Frijoles, is the exact question I am dealing with. There seems to be no answer that is worry free.

Buying used no. Even from a used car dealer. The country is full of stollen cars. The only way to be absolutely sure is to buy a new one from one of the big car dealers.

When buying a used car, you must receive the original factura from when it was first purchased from a dealer in Mexico, along with all the annual renewal documents and receipts for tenencias. Then, the Recaudadora will be able to tell you if the seller has outstanding tickets, which you should insist that he pay before you sign for the car and pay for it. That is the best you can do.

I do not suggest that you consider buying an individually imported vehicle, which will be treated as a “chocolate“ by insurance underwriters. (Choco=Wreck which may have been pieced back together for sale in Mexico).

There are ways to check if a car is stolen but many times that is the scam, to report it after they have sold it and the REPUVE web site also has insurance company listings and in one case a car appeared stolen years later, after we took the client to get the car inspected and plates.

If you buy a car in Mexico, you have to be very careful to check the V.I.N. numbers (if it is newer than 1981). You have to get the VIN codes for that vehicle - usually available over the internet, which will list all the options, color, engine size and they should match the vehicle. Look carefully for changes of paint color.

The reason for this is what is called "cloning" in the U.S.A. and Mexico. Believe me it is a very big problem in the U.S. right now too. Now there are two types of cloning one is illegal, the other legal or at least grey. The illegal one is to find an near as identical "donor" car as cheaply as possible (blown engine, transmission, etc) - still with original factura and active registered VIN number. The VIN panels -the whole panels, not just the plates, are reinstalled on the low mileage foreign plated car, and simply reregistered as though nothing has happened. The legal/grey one, is to still buy the donor car, but take all the best parts including engine and transmission from the low mile foreign plated car and restore it frame up. This is often done in the U.S. right now, especially with offroaders and trucks swapping their engines for diesel. The foreign plated car is scrapped, VIN numbers destroyed, photos of the scrap, pictures of it going in the crusher, etc. I know - not perfect but I doubt anybody is going to do any serious investigative work, it was a chocolate after all.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/129-1208-14-companies-that-specialize-in-diesel-conversion/

In many cases the importer of a foreign plated car already has a donor car, and is looking to "import" a specific used car from the U.S.A. for parts. There are autobody/paint/mechanic shops that specialize in this work. This is especially true for "classic" cars before 1981. This type of labor can be very inexpensive in Mexico - car and body parts are expensive and may be difficult to obtain.

The reason there are so many "donor" cars in Mexico is because there have been at least two amnesties for foreign plated vehicles, one in 2000 (it was an election issue) and another in 2006. This why many are predicting another amnesty and why this issue is directly connected to votes and politics.

The reason you never get plates when a car is nationalized is that state employees check data bases to see if car is stolen. And, they perform a physical check including several VIN's on the car to ensure they all match the VIN in the pedimento. You can not nationalize AND receive plates in one legal process. The process is similar when registering a vehicle coming from another state in Mexico.

Enjoy tomorrow's holiday.

Sonia

• 1 month later...

Hi the UCD have Oficce in Guadalajara te phone

Number are (33) 36188431 and (33) 36183183

Mon - Fri. 10 am to 5 pm we enjoy to server you

I didn't know that there was a UCD office in Guadalajara.

What services do you offer?

We serve the service to protect ángel give you a service to protect your car allowed to drive your car right now because imports are detained or too costly are given the guarantee of their vehicles circulate without problem with some authority all agreements and contracts signed call us

Oh,sort of like a protective/guardian Angel..

Some of us have concerns about all the fraude reported in the media about the UCD,can you comment on those allegations?

I really don't think this is the way to win friends and influence people. Not the time or the place to take an attitude or be egalitarian, whether the poster is real or not.

I'm not trying to win friends,just seeking the truth,do you have a dog in this hunt computer guy?

I'm not trying to win friends,just seeking the youth,then,do you have a dog in this hunt computer guy?

You mean truth, right? And no, no dog... but if this guy Ucd is for real, why are you jumping on him like just some other dumb gringo? First, snarky comments; second, who in his right mind would comment on a public forum on your question concering fraud in his own office?

You mean truth, right? And no, no dog... but if this guy Ucd is for real, why are you jumping on him like just some other dumb gringo? First, snarky comments; second, who in his right mind would comment on a public forum on your question concering fraud in his own office?

Auto spell.

He doesn't need to comment on the fraud,it's public knowledge.

Protective Angel my a$$.

Why hasn't Sonia,who works so closely with the UCD ever mentioned on this forum that these services were available right here in Guadalajara?

Archived