Chapala.com Webboard

Coffee & Bagels

Al Berca

I think I have become addicted to this little place in west Ajijic. Fresh variety of bagels brought in daily from Guadalajara then buttered and grilled with your choice of about ten generous fillings. My favorite for breakfast is the onion bagel with lots of cream cheese, salmon, capers and thin slices of red onion.

They make my favorite cup of coffee, also. Each cup is made to order from whole coffee beans ground after you place your order. Cannot be fresher than that.

Opens at 8:00 and closes at 3:00. Closed Sundays.

All kinds of fresh coffee and espresso drinks as well as home made Italian sodas, many teas, etc.

Also has wifi if one just wants to relax for a while and enjoy their breakfast or lunch.

That is the name! It is at the far end of the little strip mall just past the last traffic light as you are leaving Ajijic on the lake side. Right next door to where Panderia bread was located before their recent move to Centro Laguna.

Al, at the risk of sounding like an Abbott and Costello routine... what is the name? "This Little Place?"

And suegarn, people mention the names of businesses on this board all the time. Not sure who told you that?

Al, at the risk of sounding like an Abbott and Costello routine... what is the name? "This Little Place?"

And suegarn, people mention the names of businesses on this board all the time. Not sure who told you that?

MexicoMoose, the administrator made a new rule about only being able to mention names of businesses or professionals by PM from now on!

I can't believe how difficult I have made this post by putting the name of the place as the topic of this thread! Coffee and Bagels is the name of it!

I'm confused! I'm thinking of another place on the carretera beside the former bread baker. It has a different name than your header!

Thank you for posting the Trip Advisor reviews. Only six reviews, but all excellent. I agree. I posted this because I like it very much, it has been in same location for three years and I do not remember anyone ever reviewing it in the Cocina section.

The rules were updated today after there briefly was a rule (in a thread) saying no names of businesses could be mentioned on the board.

The first additional rule had been included in a thread but never put into the formal list until today.

1. Do not question or attack moderation on a public thread. Complaints about moderation should go to the moderator in question or to Admin Chapala.

2. If you have a negative experience with a local business or professional, do not post the name of same directly but advise readers to PM you for that information.

The latest revision of the new rule is that you can post a negative experience but not name the business. People must PM you if they want the name of the business. Oh, and you can not get "personal" in your relating of the negative experience. Good luck separating out "personal" attacks from relating a bad experience.

It remains to be seen how this works with something like a restaurant review where some parts of the experience can be positive and some negative.

Archived