Chapala.com Webboard

Almond flour and coconut flour

ichbinsaege

I know I can buy both of these at superlake for a premium, but I am wondering if anyone knows if I can buy this at abastos in Guadalajara, and if so, where in abastos.

Or a place down here lakeside that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a tiny amount.

To answer your question of where in Abastos:

There is small gated area with some major banking branches (Bancomer, Banamex) about halfway down the main road. As you drive/walk into the car park of the area, walk towards the right for a row of shops (there's a butchers and a dairy etc). You'll find people queuing outside a shop that sells beans, all sorts of spices and a wide variety of flour. Should be able to find what you are looking for there.

Hope that helps!

In the large gated area that you pay 3p to park there is a store past the large nut and grain store that has almond flour by the kilo and I pay usually about $160p a kilo.

Sasha here is a site with some great recipes using it:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=linda%27s+low+carb+recipes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=sDY2VY6wMcuesAWdi4HoCg

Thanks! I will have to check out the other place where it was cheaper. It was just so stinking hot out that I didn't want to walk around anymore!

I have made some almond flour cheddar crackers, biscuits and gravy and will be trying it as the coating for chicken fried steak this weekend.

Archived