Chapala.com Webboard

Hospital

One hospital that is full service is enough for this area. The building east of Maskaras looks big enough to handle the needed departments. It would be foolish to build another hospital so close to the same area. Ajijic Clinic and Hospital and the new Blue Something one will be able to handle the patient load without going bankrupt because of lack of business.

I understood that the Blue Point Hospital is a different Hospital from the one Dr. Garcia is planning, The Blue Point is being named after the Blue Bell Hospitals in the States. It will be a 46 room deal. The plan is to open in 18 months. I was told it is planned as a community Hospital. If true this will be a welcome addition to the area. Given the aging population in the area I will be glad to see an alternative to having to go to Guad. for Hospital care.

The 3rd Hospital was part of that huge new development which may or may not happen.

I previously posted the location in Riberas where I was told the hospital that Dr. Garcia of Mascaras was involved was near the yellow house that sold or sells pizza. I found out today that is not the location. So I wanted to let you know that I was wrong and make a correction to that post from page one. What I was told today is the property where they are going to put this hospital is facing the highway in Riberas between the lot with the plastic wrap around the fence and Telecable. There is a big lot with an old white building on it now (which is set back a bit from the parking area). Nothing is going on there yet -- but according to a long time patient of his, this is the location.

What this same person told me today is that the location where I thought the hospital was going in is to be another Pemex! Can't have too many gas stations around town, can we???!!!! :(

I understood that the Blue Point Hospital is a different Hospital from the one Dr. Garcia is planning, The Blue Point is being named after the Blue Bell Hospitals in the States. It will be a 46 room deal. The plan is to open in 18 months. I was told it is planned as a community Hospital. If true this will be a welcome addition to the area. Given the aging population in the area I will be glad to see an alternative to having to go to Guad. for Hospital care.

The 3rd Hospital was part of that huge new development which may or may not happen.

If I remember correctly ( I may not) there are only 2 floors and the bottom one is parking. Unless a 3'd floor is added, there is no way you will get 46 rooms on that one floor. And what is the definition here a community hospital?

One of the people involved in this new hospital called it a community hospital as it would be servicing the financial and racial mix that makes up our community Both patients with insurance and those without will be treated at this Hospital

I am not trying to be picky, but really do not understand.

Don't most places treat people with or without insurance? Without insurance pays out of pocket. Or does this mean those without insurance don't pay if they cannot? Which would mean that person would have to prove he/she cannot pay.

Could not find Blue Bell hospitals in US, just hospitals in Blue Bell, Pa. Just did a quick scan though.

NOt sure what the zoning laws are like here regarding putting in a gas station in a residential area. I do know that you can put up a business on the highway, which that corner lot by Toscana might be considered as (the same as Toscana itself). But with the underground storage tanks, and the numerous Pemex stations we now have, I'm hoping this is not going to be the case.

The fact that they have hidden the construction from the beginning does give one pause to wonder.

Speculation is rampant: Maybe a Pemex, maybe a hospital, maybe a restaurant mall, maybe a boom-boom room, maybe a high-rise, maybe........I heard from someone, but can‘t remember who.......

Que sera, sera.

Archived