Chapala.com Webboard

Moving--where to get packing supplies?

Lexy

Lexie, I just connected two friends who recently moved and #1 gave many boxes to #2. I believe #2 is now finished with the boxes. I'll see her tonight, I think. Would you like them broken down? I think that was her plan. She is located in west Ajijic, above the carretera. Let me know.

Lexie, Walmart no longer sells the boxes at the back to customers. They sell all their cardboard to an outside buyer.

• 3 years later...

Strom White has everything.  Including sheets of clean paper to wrap dishes in. I long ago remember wrapping dishes in sheets of newspaper... and then spending a lot of time washing the dishes to get the newsprint off. Live and learn. Lexy, I sent you a pm.

Somehow a very old post has surfaced. I'm not in need of packing materials, thank goodness.  But way bck in 2015 I did go to Strom White for the supplies there. I agree with Ferret. The clean wrapping paper is worth the price instead of having to wash off newsprint.

Lexy

We happen to be packing for a move and bought our boxes & other supplies from Home Depot, in Tucson. However, we simply pack our dishes & stuff with our clothing used as 'padding'.  When we arrive at our new location, the drier will fluff the clothes before they get placed in closets and drawers. It saves time, space and paper, as well as providing an opportunity to sort out the things to donate to Goodwill.

I think you missed the last few posts, dearle. No one is actively looking.

And for everyone's information, Winston does not buy or stock boxes. He goes out and finds them like everyone else. In fact, two local moves he did for me were delayed because he couldn't find the boxes needed. So I switched to Carlos of the Bazaar, brother of the famous painter; unfortunately, he is no longer able to keep the business open.

Archived