Chapala.com Webboard

las vegas mexican consulate for non immigrante

Kismet

I don't suppose anyone one this forum has been to the Mexican Consulate in Las Vegas, for a non immigrant visa? If on the off chance there is, could you tell me, in general, what to expect?

I am in the process of finding out the items and papers we need. Is there any person like the woman in San Antonio, who owned a stationary store, who used to fill out the forms correctly, for a very small fee?

Presently on a 180 day visa. Las Vegas chosen for the low income requirements. Thanks to anyone who can kindly help.

This is for Laredo but same basic form and requirements at any MX consulate.

Visa Income Requirements

Temporary Resident

Balances in bank ~$25,000 US with 12 months of individual bank statements,

-or-

Monthly income $1,500 US with 6 months of individual bank statements

Note: Foreign pated car is allowed but be sure to renew car permit when renewing visa.

Permanent Resident:

Balances in bank of ~$100,000 US with 12 months of individual bank statements

-or-

Monthly income of $2500 US with 6 months of individual bank statements

Note: no foreign plated car is allowed as a Permanent Resident

Proving home ownership in Mexico is a plus for either visa.

Consulate application form to start visa process needs to be printed, completed and taken with you. This form says Laredo but applies at any Mexican consulate.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/laredo/images/stories/docs/visas/solvisaing1.pdf

If going to Laredo here is the contact information:

Laredo
1612 Farragut St - Laredo, TX 78040
Tel: (956) 723-0990 * Fax: (956) 723-1741
E-mail: consul@srelaredo.org

Plus passport sized photos. I believe at Laredo they now take the photos.

Allow approximately 2 hours. They open at 8 and sometimes a few minutes earlier and they close at 1:00 pm. They do open later but they will not process visa applications in the afternoon.

Once completed and your pre-approved visa is stamped in your passport you enter Mexico. Go to the INM office at Nuevo Laredo and present your passport with your pre-approved visa. Please have your passport stamped and obtain a FMM. Check the box "CANJE". Do not check the box that says "TOURIST". You have 30 days to make your application at your local INM and I will assist with this process.

Note: consulates vary and are independent from Immigration. Some will welcome you with open arms such as Laredo and others will take days, more than one visit and thoroughly review your finances.

Archived