Chapala.com Webboard

One moves on to another topic by discontinuing the reading of a thread with which you have become bored or in which you no longer have an interest. When no one is commenting, the thread just drifts further down the postings and disappears. As long as people are posting to the thread it stays active.

As we can expect some more press on this issue, perhaps later today, let's just wait a bit.

Alex makes a good point, some in this group really dug into this thing and helped some major exposure to happen. It wasn't a perfect process but it did end up with some good results, information wise.

As we can expect some more press on this issue, perhaps later today, let's just wait a bit.

Alex makes a good point, some in this group really dug into this thing and helped some major exposure to happen. It wasn't a perfect process but it did end up with some good results, information wise.

I'm curious, who in this group dug into this thing except for Lisa, Spencer and Dale?

I don't see how anyone could blame them for all the confusion. Somebody's being deliberately misleading in this thing ... the stories don't add up. Did you read the interview with the Naimar representative that Lisa did? The woman was constantly saying "You don't understand because you don't know how things work down here." Maybe that's true, or maybe that's just a great smokescreen to keep us all in the dark.

At least Lisa, Spencer, and Dale made the effort to do the digging and it disturbs me that they get dumped on if new, contradictory evidence comes up later. This happens constantly with the national news networks who have armies of fact checkers.

If others have dug into this and discovered additional information I'd be interested to see it and give credit where credit is due.

The more facts anyone can uncover, the better. Let's be kind to the "messengers". They, too, can be mislead by fast talkers on occasion.

From what we've learned so far, I don't think we'll be seeing those towers in any of our lifetimes.......or that of our descendants.

Things were said, and then those items were verified and then the party who made the statements was given a chance to explain the inconsistencies thereby generating an explanation. Then, finally things were checked once again with the planning department and the explanations did not hold water nor support the version of the facts given by the developer.

Lisa tried to give them a fair shake by allowing them to respond to avoid "jumping the gun" and improperly crucifying someone without all the facts. But now it appears the facts are all in and the original story was not an accurate portrayal of the way things really are.

I went along to translate, I am no investigator but am bilingual so just made sure that the questions were phrased properly and that the answers correctly answered what was asked.

• Like 1

The only mistake I've seen was relying on statements that were offered as fact. With the efforts of a few those statements have now been proven to be false.

Dale Palfry has written a very good front page article for this weeks Guadalajara Reporter. One of the facts that came out was that a permit was requested for a much smaller development project. with no high rise buildings proposed and the scope was much smaller. This is supported by a letter written by Mary Bragg in a letter to the editor in this weeks edition of the GR. She was approached for her input in a survey by the company a couple of years ago and it looked very good to her as it was presented then. Not what it has now grown to.

The question is now if Naimar can use that original request for approval and acceptance to piggyback their new plan without starting over.

I've heard many times of people who put projects like this on paper and then try to sell the condo units before the project starts. Then they disappear with the money. People see these beautiful buildings and amenities and they fall for the scam. The scam artist sells dreams. And he is going to let you in on it before anyone else because you are nice and he likes you and your lucky. This Mexican project is probably being sold to so called "investors" all over the world. Politicians fall for it because they all love development, improvements and taxes in their kingdoms. They are trolling for suckers. Like my favorite money man says, beware the sharks and the shark attack. They are out their big time looking to separate you from your money.

Dale Palfry has written a very good front page article for this weeks Guadalajara Reporter. One of the facts that came out was that a permit was requested for a much smaller development project. with no high rise buildings proposed and the scope was much smaller. This is supported by a letter written by Mary Bragg in a letter to the editor in this weeks edition of the GR. She was approached for her input in a survey by the company a couple of years ago and it looked very good to her as it was presented then. Not what it has now grown to.

The question is now if Naimar can use that original request for approval and acceptance to piggyback their new plan without starting over.

It is possible that the developers want a smaller scale project, and deliberately used what they admit is not the real model for the initial presentation so that a smaller less dense development might seem like a compromise. The entire thing has appeared to be a scam to most clear minded people. I seriously doubt it will ever go ahead and hope it won't, as I fear another half built pit eyesore like the ugly hole on the Liebramiento next to the condo eyesore we already have.

Notice I did not name a name.

Well, it`s been 8 months since the announcement that Lake City was going to bulldoze their way in. Anyone heard a peep from them lately?