Chapala.com Webboard

Lake City

HarryB

Dale Palfry has written a very good front page article for this weeks Guadalajara Reporter. One of the facts that came out was that a permit was requested for a much smaller development project. with no high rise buildings proposed and the scope was much smaller. This is supported by a letter written by Mary Bragg in a letter to the editor in this weeks edition of the GR. She was approached for her input in a survey by the company a couple of years ago and it looked very good to her as it was presented then. Not what it has now grown to.

The question is now if Naimar can use that original request for approval and acceptance to piggyback their new plan without starting over.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard many times of people who put projects like this on paper and then try to sell the condo units before the project starts. Then they disappear with the money. People see these beautiful buildings and amenities and they fall for the scam. The scam artist sells dreams. And he is going to let you in on it before anyone else because you are nice and he likes you and your lucky. This Mexican project is probably being sold to so called "investors" all over the world. Politicians fall for it because they all love development, improvements and taxes in their kingdoms. They are trolling for suckers. Like my favorite money man says, beware the sharks and the shark attack. They are out their big time looking to separate you from your money.

Dale Palfry has written a very good front page article for this weeks Guadalajara Reporter. One of the facts that came out was that a permit was requested for a much smaller development project. with no high rise buildings proposed and the scope was much smaller. This is supported by a letter written by Mary Bragg in a letter to the editor in this weeks edition of the GR. She was approached for her input in a survey by the company a couple of years ago and it looked very good to her as it was presented then. Not what it has now grown to.

The question is now if Naimar can use that original request for approval and acceptance to piggyback their new plan without starting over.

It is possible that the developers want a smaller scale project, and deliberately used what they admit is not the real model for the initial presentation so that a smaller less dense development might seem like a compromise. The entire thing has appeared to be a scam to most clear minded people. I seriously doubt it will ever go ahead and hope it won't, as I fear another half built pit eyesore like the ugly hole on the Liebramiento next to the condo eyesore we already have.

Notice I did not name a name.

• 7 months later...

Well, it`s been 8 months since the announcement that Lake City was going to bulldoze their way in. Anyone heard a peep from them lately?

Archived