Chapala.com Webboard

Lake City

HarryB

I hadn't seen it either and was interested in reading it so thanks for letting us know about the interview and article with the Director of Urban Development in Chapala. (Yes, the link didn't work but it's easy enough to google lake chapala reporter.)

I thought it very interesting that the document issued by Chapala isn't any sort of "license", but just an estimate of fees based on a preliminary submission of the plan, subject to change. I also found it interesting that the person in Chapala said the word "Licencia" that appears at the top of the document was not part of the original document.

It's the first time I had a clear look at the document but even with my limited Spanish I can see that it's…..not much of anything at all. It has nothing to do with permission of any sort.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1. We've al seen it already. An no we are not interested in your "reporting" any more.

#2. Your linkk doesnt work anyways.

Please do not speak for "we all". I for one am finding Lisa's reporting very interesting. I'm keeping in mind how impossible it is to get the straight story around here but am interested to see the interviews and what the involved parties are saying about the project.

Im looking up 'thin skined' on the internet.

I agree with others. This is completely out of line. Lisa has put a lot of effort into her reporting and is trying to share it for the good of all. If you don't think it's accurate or have some personal problem with her newsletter, DON'T READ IT. If you know of some specific other information, share it, but don't attack the messenger.

I for one have appreciated her efforts and will continue to follow the story.

First, I do appreciate the guts it took to admit she had been taken in about the state of the project. And I'm sure the articles are interesting but I don't want to subscribe or even log in for free. I guess I do need to create a throw-away email for this sort of thing but I haven't gotten around to it. So thanks for the articles.

Well I hadn't seen it, I am interested, and yes the link didn't work. So I put www.LakeChapalaReporter.com into the browser and there it is. Thanks, L.J.

It worked for me, too. I think Lisa has done a lot of work on her reporting. Somtimes getting it first means taking chances. We all remember the Regan shooting news live... and long as there is no more "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN" news we are ok.

All I can say is that if you're going to post a link, its probably a good idea to click on it yourself with the post in preview mode to make sure it works and gets other readers to where you want them to go. Might enhance your credibility.

I have a problem with a journalist who responds to ONE poster's criticism with: "See what I mean about this webboard? I don't know why I bother. Come to think of it, I won't. I made all this info available in "open" articles, meaning no one had to had a subscription to read them. Because it was for the good of the community. And just look at you guys. Unbelievable. Not logging in again ever."

ONE poster makes ONE comment and the entire membership of the web board gets painted with the same broad brush? This reaction is unprofessional at best.

So Lisa isn't going to be writing anything in the foreseeable future because of the community not appreciating her. So she says on her site. Well how does she plan to compensate those who have subscriptions? We can just re-read the same articles?

Will we get a refund? an extension? Convenient that she vows not to post on this board or her site anymore. She will not have to answer these questions, just have our money.

My experience is that investigative real reporters are tough and know how to handle " unkind things " that are said.

I've gotta say, in addition to Xena's and Golden Bead's resonable posts, the other poster didn't actually criticise, or attack. Pretty much just stated an opinion and a fact.

Deleted by poster.

If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, walks and talks like a scam, its a scam. My guess is these people are already selling units to unsuspecting fools around the world and will disappear behind their lawyers with millions before a shovel is sunk. Ajijic is great but if you think people are going to be flocking here to retire by the thousands, think again. People are terrified of Mexico because of all the Cartel violence. They are not coming down there to retire, sorry. The Lake compared to other lakes around the world really isn't that beautiful and I would never swim in it or want to drink the water. I can go on and on but I love Ajijic. These people are out there selling this as a great investment to swindle people who need to be parted with some of there money and will believe anything. Looks great on paper. How can I go wrong? I'll flip it and double my money in a year. I wouldn't worry about it.

One moves on to another topic by discontinuing the reading of a thread with which you have become bored or in which you no longer have an interest. When no one is commenting, the thread just drifts further down the postings and disappears. As long as people are posting to the thread it stays active.

As we can expect some more press on this issue, perhaps later today, let's just wait a bit.

Alex makes a good point, some in this group really dug into this thing and helped some major exposure to happen. It wasn't a perfect process but it did end up with some good results, information wise.

As we can expect some more press on this issue, perhaps later today, let's just wait a bit.

Alex makes a good point, some in this group really dug into this thing and helped some major exposure to happen. It wasn't a perfect process but it did end up with some good results, information wise.

I'm curious, who in this group dug into this thing except for Lisa, Spencer and Dale?

I don't see how anyone could blame them for all the confusion. Somebody's being deliberately misleading in this thing ... the stories don't add up. Did you read the interview with the Naimar representative that Lisa did? The woman was constantly saying "You don't understand because you don't know how things work down here." Maybe that's true, or maybe that's just a great smokescreen to keep us all in the dark.

At least Lisa, Spencer, and Dale made the effort to do the digging and it disturbs me that they get dumped on if new, contradictory evidence comes up later. This happens constantly with the national news networks who have armies of fact checkers.

If others have dug into this and discovered additional information I'd be interested to see it and give credit where credit is due.

The more facts anyone can uncover, the better. Let's be kind to the "messengers". They, too, can be mislead by fast talkers on occasion.

From what we've learned so far, I don't think we'll be seeing those towers in any of our lifetimes.......or that of our descendants.

Things were said, and then those items were verified and then the party who made the statements was given a chance to explain the inconsistencies thereby generating an explanation. Then, finally things were checked once again with the planning department and the explanations did not hold water nor support the version of the facts given by the developer.

Lisa tried to give them a fair shake by allowing them to respond to avoid "jumping the gun" and improperly crucifying someone without all the facts. But now it appears the facts are all in and the original story was not an accurate portrayal of the way things really are.

I went along to translate, I am no investigator but am bilingual so just made sure that the questions were phrased properly and that the answers correctly answered what was asked.

The only mistake I've seen was relying on statements that were offered as fact. With the efforts of a few those statements have now been proven to be false.

Archived