Chapala.com Webboard

Daylight Saving and Shaw

I believe Canada follows the US schedule and changed on the second Sunday in March. Mexico changed to DST last night (the first Sunday in April). Set your clocks (not the receiver) ahead one hour (spring forward fall back) and the world will realign.

Canada switched about a month ago. The time on your receiver depends on what time zone in Canada you have it registered in. It looks like you have yours registered in the Atlantic time zone.

Mine is register in Eastern Time Zone. It did not change last night - it already switched to Daylight Savings Time several weeks ago. It now shows one hour ahead of the time here instead of two.

I always thought it very strange that Arizona did not adopt DST. Now that we live in Tucson, we find that situation just fine and life goes on every day with sunrise and sunset based upon the rotation of the earth, as always.

Why the USA changed the DST schedule, or even had one in the first place, is still a mystery. It really confuses cows with full udders. That is cruel. Roosters seem to take it in stride; except for the gallos en mexico, which are ready at all hours, and advertize that fact.

Archived