Chapala.com Webboard

gaz today

The search "gaz" shoudl turn up a myriad of posts however the engine says it is too short.

I need a phone of a gaz man who will come today, anybody? Zeta has had 24 hours and no show.

Thanks.

Try Juan at Gas Los Altos at cell 331-971-0630. I had Zeta no show for 2 days so I found him in the village and he told me he would be at Raquet Club in 2 hours and 2 hours later he showed up. Do not know whether he would be working this weekend or not. Good luck!!

I've wondered about this. Gas licuado is a mixture of propano and butano, what is called LP gas NOB. Propano is a different thing. LP and propane, at least NOB, require different sized nozzles to burn correctly. You can't substitute one for the other. Yet here, the terms GLP and propano seemed to be used interchangeably. Do they even make propane here? Seems to me it's all LP.

I've wondered about this. Gas licuado is a mixture of propano and butano, what is called LP gas NOB. Propano is a different thing. LP and propane, at least NOB, require different sized nozzles to burn correctly. You can't substitute one for the other. Yet here, the terms GLP and propano seemed to be used interchangeably. Do they even make propane here? Seems to me it's all LP.

I think, not positive, it is all LP gas here and not propane. I have yet to hear someone locally call it "propano"... just "gas". The gas for vehicles they call "gasolina" or "petrĂ³leo" ... not "gas" as we are used to hearing.

LP is Liquid Propane. NG or LNG is Natural Gas. They do require different jets and natural gas is cooler burning than LP.

When you buy an appliance in Guadalajara, check the box for the designation, as they are sold in both configurations, since Guadalajara has some areas with natural gas pipelines serving homes. Not so at Lakeside, where only LP (gas liquado) is available.

Gas is a generic term for any vapor state.

Gasoline is a very specific liquid fraction distilled for use in engines.

Besides different size orifices ( jets as RV said ) the gas regulators is different. Don't EVER mix LP and NG jets and regulators. Natural gas is lighter and will tend to rise making it easier to smell/detect a leak also somewhat easier for the gas to mix with the air circulation and dissipate whereas LP gas is heavier and will fall towards the floor and tend to accumulate. You may have already experienced the big BOOM when lighting a LP BBQ. That's called delayed ignition caused by the LP gas not igniting quickly enough, the gas instead falling down in the bottom of the BBQ, accumulating until igniting accrues and then POW or BOOM. Having said this let me also say that it is very important if you do not have ignition right a way when gas IS coming thru turn OFF the gas to allow time for the LP gas to get out of the BBQ bottom or for that matter any gas appliance.especially stoves and hot water tanks. Generally MFG directions say 5 min.

Archived