Chapala.com Webboard

Paying Telmex online may be problematic

geeser

For the last couple of years I have been paying Telmex online with a Credit Card. Since you must pay at leas $100 USD to avoid a $2.00 charge I pay at least 2 to 3 months. When you sign in at http://www.telmexusa.com/USA_ing/payin.asp you can see how much you owe and pay it there. Over the last couple of weeks when I checked it said "No money owed, you currently have a $43.00 credit balance. I was very supprised to get a bill at my residence saying that I owed $995 pesos and was about to have my phone turned off. I rushed down to Telmex and went to the counter and paid what they said I owed $995. I then waited to speak to Ricardo and showed him my printout from the pay Telmex online site that said I have a $43 credit. He checked his computer and assured me that I had owed the money and said that the site is wrong and that he has seen this before. If you are away from Ajijic and relying on that website to tell you when you owe money it may not be accurate. Try to keep notes on how many months you have prepaid. It should be easier now with a repetitive $599 charge or a $399 charge each month. Be forewarned.

Archived