Chapala.com Webboard

lex's Pasta

ajijicsolomon

All I can say is, we don't live in Europe. You can blame "North Americans" all you want for issues with portions (I assume that includes Mexicans). Alex isn't going to re-train any of us on our eating habits.

That's true, ComputerGuy, Alex isn't going to re-train our eating habits, but maybe we should! I know that I want to live a long, healthy life, and by reducing the amount of carbs I eat, and substituting more vegetables and fruit, I am off to a good start!

So the issue becomes one of healthy attitudes vs. portion size. I think that's a different discussion.

Computer guy is right: that's a whole 'nother topic, and would make an interesting discussion in itself.

IMHO, most restaurants in this area tend to give their customers way more food than they need, but that's what the take home box is for. ^_^

Our portions were just fine today, however, this is the second time we have had a disappointing meal .... this is after we had 2 fantastic ones. Last time we went the pasta was mushy. We did tell the owner and he said he was sorry and that this is what happens when fresh pasta is cooked too long. We had already eaten most of it so he wanted to give us our meal for free but we declined (only one of our meals was overcooked ... the other was great). But then today the lasagna was mush and very little meat or sauce and the meat ravioli was tough, extremely salty and very little sauce. So, I think there is a consistency problem and we will just take a break for a while. However, portion sizes were plenty large enough and we are big eaters also. I watched the other food come out of the kitchen and never saw what I would call a small portion. I just hope the owner isn't cutting down on sauce, meat, etc. and serving day or several days old lasagna in order to give the bigger portions.

It's Italian week at Cocinart, so I will be checking out the pasta there for a personal comparison. Including probably bringing home a couple of orders of spaghetti and meatballs, at Gringal's recommendation...

• 4 months later...

Archived