Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Citizenship Examination

Learned a LONG time ago to just comply with Mexican requirements, as no one ever convinces them it can be done in a "better" fashion. Still seems a waste to me. :D

I guess it's ok to express my personal feelings on that here, or not?

I apologize for not yet knowing how to respond to a specific message. John Shrall wrote that birth certificates from Texas were obtained at the county level and then sent to Austin for the apostille step. Can anyone please tell me about the "translation to Spanish" step. Is this done in Texas? Or must it be done by someone with appropriate credentials in Mexico?

I apologize for not yet knowing how to respond to a specific message. John Shrall wrote that birth certificates from Texas were obtained at the county level and then sent to Austin for the apostille step. Can anyone please tell me about the "translation to Spanish" step. Is this done in Texas? Or must it be done by someone with appropriate credentials in Mexico?

The translation must be done in Mexico by a certified perito (official translator). Spencer, who posts here, is one.

Oddly, certified translators are not all equal in the eyes of individual SRE offices.

In citizenship applications, some SRE offices only accept translations from translators that the SRE office has approved.

The SRE offices that Spencer uses accept his translations.

Archived