Chapala.com Webboard

Fluoridated Water

Zeb

I know water is delivered etc. as the water from the tap is not sanitary. Does anyone know if the water delivered is fluoridated or not?

I'm hoping not.....

I am editing my post:

Well, shortly after I posted this question, I did an on line search to see what I could find. Here is a link which I found on several sources:

http://www.fluoride-class-action.com/districts/mexico

I know water is delivered etc. as the water from the tap is not sanitary. Does anyone know if the water delivered is fluoridated or not?

I'm hoping not.....

"Do you know that flouridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Commie plot we've ever faced?"..General Jack D Ripper....

I agree with mattoleriver. I remember going to the dentist all the time in the little town I grew up in. Yuck. They used that terrible drug that they dripped onto a sponge above your nose and made you count back from 100. You could hear the kids screaming in the office waiting room. I felt as though my parents were torturing me. Then fluoridation of the water came and my formation of cavities nearly ceased. As a nurse and nursing instructor I have hoped that somehow I am still getting fluoride in the water but I doubt it. I depend on the fluoride in toothpaste now. I sometimes lived in places where it was forbidden in the water system and dentists made a fortune. Most of my life I have lived with fluoride in the water and I didn't die--and I'm old!

The problem with Fluoride is it is given to all who drink the water whether you want or need it. Name another drug that is in the water? Many ways to get Fluoride like pill I took when young. I think it should be removed from water and delivered other ways. Fluoride does have some problems and is very hard to remove. Its the principle of the thing that bothers me. What should go into the water next for our benefit? Actually if you read the Fluoride toothpaste instructions it says don't swallow and only use a small amount of toothpaste unlike the commercials shown on TV with an inch of toothpaste. Not saying I know but I would like a choice.

They started putting flouride in the water when I was a kid. Within two years, I stopped getting cavities. Now, I may seem crazy to some people, but I don't think it's because of flouridated water.

"Fluoride, the 13th most abundant element on the earth's crust, is a chemical ion of the element fluorine - fluoride has one extra electron that gives it a negative charge. Fluoride is found naturally in soil, water, foods, and several minerals, such as fluorapatite and fluorite."

If it is bad for us, it is certainly taking its time...

That does it! I must return to Mexico to make my fortune selling tin foil hats to the gullible. They seem to concentrate there, near the lake that they never touch, proving that they believe it to be full of flouide substances and, as a result, drinking only water from unknown sources, delivered by strangers in second hand plastic containers of questionable purity. I will make a fortune, for sure. As a sideline, I will sell gluten free milk from cows that only grazed on organic grass while wearing bovine diapers. No bull!

Archived